Unofficial Mills

Rhianna Dhillon is Radio 1's new film reviewer

Hammer

She's still at uni, so not much of a career to speak of yet...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/12846074

A 22-year-old student has been hired as Radio 1's new film critic, with James King leaving after 13 years at the station.

Rhianna Dhillon, from Brighton, is studying English with film and theatre at the University of Reading.

Her first film review will air on 1 April during Greg James's show.

Rhianna Dhillon said she was "thrilled", adding "I can't think of a more perfect job for me as it combines film and Radio 1.

"I know this will be an incredible experience and I can't wait to get started."

It will be her first job in radio.

Ben Cooper, Deputy Controller, BBC Radio 1 and 1Xtra said: "I'm looking forward to Rhianna's passion and knowledge connecting with the next generation of movie goers when she's talking with them on Facebook, Twitter and on the radio."

James King has left Radio 1 to spend more time on his television and writing work.

i guess you cant knock them for bringing in some "raw talent" as we all keep saying they need too. Though as a film reviewer .... lets see how her fist review is. From a critic its nice to get a bit of authority, like they know their stuff not just someone who went and saw the film. I hope she's not like that games reviewer Greg has who just gives you no information!