Unofficial Mills

Nihal on 5Live

newsbeat

What do you think?

I think it's clear he has presenting talent, that's applicable to a range of broadcasting shows.

If you've got a minute, take a listen it's great on iplayer.

Later on, should it be a permanent move?

Latest additions:

- Full Imaging Beds package (2009-2010)

- 2009 re-voice by Music4 (DRY+WET IDs, chart numbers 1-40)

- BBC Top Gear - Backing beds used in programs

I suppose it's so different to what he's used to - he plays Indian/Asian music on Radio 1 and even the review show isn't as serious.

This show sounds really good though, even if Nihal wasn't doing it. It's a bit like Simon Mayo's show on Radio 2; doesn't he have a phone-in debate show somewhere...?

Nihal sounding good so far; I'm nearly 9 minutes in.

-----

Not bad, not bad! I stopped listening after about 14 minutes or so as I've got other stuff to do, but it's good.

I'm not able to listen tonight but I did think he was quite nervous when he was covering for Stephen a few weeks back. Was quite awkward listening at times, him talking over people repeatedly and being pedantic over irrelevant things, the odd cringeworthy joke and so on; but by the end of the weekend he seemed much more confident in the role. He's not better than Stephen Nolan, he's not my favourite stand in for Nolan, but he is good and its an enjoyable listen.

I agree. I think Nihal was more suited to R1 in around 2008. He, just doesn't semm to have the talent he had two years ago. By no means, is he a bad DJ, but equally, he isn't a great one.

Latest additions:

- Full Imaging Beds package (2009-2010)

- 2009 re-voice by Music4 (DRY+WET IDs, chart numbers 1-40)

- BBC Top Gear - Backing beds used in programs