Unofficial Mills

who will present the request show?

abertom

Viv can man the phones.

I'd quite frankly be too scared to phone in. In a sort of Aled on Moyles style way, instead of Moyles shouting ALED and Al reading out what's coming up on R1, you can shout ALAN at some point in the show and Alan can give us a detailed preview of what's happening on Sunday's weekend breakfast show.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

I predict they'll have made 2 or 3 "call in with your request" or "text in with your request" voiceovers, play them way too many times in the three hours, with it being back to back tracks with the occasional recorded off-air "HI I'M BECKY FROM PLACE AND I LOVVVVVVVVEEEEE [radio 1 playlist track] SO IF YOU COULD PLAY THAT THAT WOULD BE GREAT" going straight in to a track.

BritishGaming.co.uk | SciFi.co.uk

I prefer it without Reggie. The more music the better. This show has never been about the DJ.

The music I don't mind - the prerecord I do. This is daytime Radio 1 and I thought part of the idea was being able to make live requests, a bit of live interaction etc.

The music I don't mind - the prerecord I do. This is daytime Radio 1 and I thought part of the idea was being able to make live requests, a bit of live interaction etc.

But aren't most of these shows pre-organised? I mean last Saturday they will have drawn up a playlist from the requests from the week before. I very much doubt it works any different - I don't honestly believe in a live show it works like that.

It would seem it was all sorted Thursday and Friday: http://twitter.com/jamesstant/status/16941294577

But aren't most of these shows pre-organised? I mean last Saturday they will have drawn up a playlist from the requests from the week before. I very much doubt it works any different - I don't honestly believe in a live show it works like that.

It would seem it was all sorted Thursday and Friday: http://twitter.com/jamesstant/status/16941294577

I would believe that, but why then are there regular "text in on 81199" requests during the request show? I don't doubt they start collating requests at show minus half an hour or so, and stop taking requests about 6.30, but still...

The show won't have worked much differently to normal, just without Reggie's links. I much prefer the show with a DJ, today felt like something was missing and was a bit flat to be honest.

Agreed completely, and this is my "beef". I can get playout-FM and "iPod" style radio on Heart or some other tinpot local station. That daytime shows are not done this way, is something that makes R1 different. Better.

Agreed completely, and this is my "beef". I can get playout-FM and "iPod" style radio on Heart or some other tinpot local station. That daytime shows are not done this way, is something that makes R1 different. Better.

I couldn't agree more. Under this government BBC Radio is being encouraged to provide Radio that the commercial sector doesn't. Having someone entertaining like Reggie at the helm keeps the show's individualism, today's formate could have been seen across any old radio station.

ChrisHewgill.jpg