Unofficial Mills

The build-up to Live8

demonhorse

This area of Bluefresh is online with the help of Live8, BBC Online One-tel and Unfficial Mills.

Really? Rolling Eyes How are they helping you, apart from airing Live8? Do they know they are involced in your site..?

Yes the BBC know and Yes One-tel know.

May be i should re-word it better for you nick

:lol:

back on topic

Only a matter of hours to go, so what acts are you all looking forward to the most?

From the London leg I'll be looking forward to Dido, Elton John, Mariah Carey (though why she's not doing the Philly one, I have no idea), Paul McCartney, Razorlight, REM, U2, Velvet Revolver.

Shame Placebo are on the French one... are sets from all the concerts being transmitted on the BBC or just London? I hope it's not just London.

seems best of the foreign ones for me are;

Placebo (Paris)

Faithless (Berlin)

Kaiser Chiefs (Philadelphia)

Bon Jovi (Philadelphia)

Linkin Park (Philadelphia)

Bryan Adams (Barrie?)

Barenaked Ladies (Barrie)

I'm guessing it'll be multiscreen in BBCi (if they can do it for wimbledon, snooker and Glastonbury...) or highlights from all of them, coming to think about it.

Either way I'm not missing F1 goon Kimi Raikkonen struggling for 10th place at best* on the French Grand Prix grid. :D

* he's had to change an engine in practise and got demoted 10 places from wherever his time places him in qualifying later.

I wonder if they'll mention the paris gig on there, lol.

I'm also glad McFly are on the Tokyo one, the further away they are, the better IMO.

I'm guessing it'll be multiscreen in BBCi (if they can do it for wimbledon, snooker and Glastonbury...) or highlights from all of them, coming to think about it.

I would imagine so. I can't see the BBC missing out for this event

BBC unofficial line-up

# Sir Paul McCartney and U2: Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

# U2: One

# Coldplay: In My Place, Fix You

# Coldplay and Richard Ashcroft: Bitter Sweet Symphony

# Sir Elton John (introduced by Little Britain's Matt Lucas and David Walliams): Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting, The Bitch is Back

# Sir Elton John and Pete Doherty: Children of the Revolution

# Dido: Life for Rent, White Flag, Thank You

# Stereophonics: Songs to be confirmed

# REM: The One I Love, Losing My Religion, Imitation of Life, Everybody Hurts

# Ms Dynamite: Dy-na-mi-tee, Judgement Day, Redemption Song

# Keane: Everybody's Changing, Somewhere Only We Know

# Travis: Sing, Turn, Why Does It Always Rain On Me?

# Annie Lennox: Walking on Broken Glass, Sisters are Doin' It for Themselves, Sweet Dreams

# UB40: Food for Thought, Red Red Wine

# Snoop Dogg: Songs to be confirmed

# Razorlight: Somewhere Else, Golden Touch, Vice

# Madonna: Like a Prayer, Music, Ray of Light

# Snow Patrol: Chocolate, Run

# Joss Stone: I Had a Dream, Super Duper Love

# Scissor Sisters: Laura, Take Your Mama

# Velvet Revolver: Songs to be confirmed

# The Killers: Songs to be confirmed

# Sting: Every Breath You Take, Message in a Bottle, Desert Rose

# Mariah Carey: Make It Happen, Vision of Love

# Robbie Williams: Let Me Entertain You, Rock DJ, Feel, We Will Rock You

# The Who: Won't Get Fooled Again, Baba O'Riley

# Pink Floyd: Money, Comfortably Numb, Wish You Were Here

# Sir Paul McCartney: The Long and Winding Road

# Finale: Sir Paul McCartney joined on stage by George Michael and Sir Mick Jagger

oh yeah forgot the Who were playing :oops: 2 of their better but slightly less obvious songs too (also themes to CSI: Miami and CSI: New York), the obvious ones being Pinball Wizard and My Generation IMO. Also not sure if it's an extended version or something, but the version of We won't get fooled again that I have is 8mins33secs long... and don't they only have 10 minute slots?

Coldplay and Richard Ashcroft sounds interesting.

Jo Whiley needs to redeem herself after the Glastonbury cock-ups. What I would have liked to have seen is some kind of interactive option where, like with the football and 5live, we could listen to Radio 1 as well as seeing the BBC coverage.

oh right, thats why it starts about 7... weird thing is it still has a signal through the day but it's just a screen saying "BBC3 begins at 7" or something.

Yup. Those screens take up little space, if any. And BBC Four shares with CBeebies.