• None of the Above
    • Not Voting

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But like I said in the shoutbox, microphone or no microphone, we may have just seen his true opinion of the voters

There's another side to every story. I don't think we've heard everything she's said yet. But of course, she could have made quite a bigoted comment, we won't hear about that.

browns lost the election today with that, cameron is in now. and my life is about to get a hell of a lot worse because i don't live off daddy in a big house. and there's nothing i can do to stop it. i'm actually worried for my own future.

on the grid.

"Gordon Brown does not believe what he said" well, why did he say it then??

EDIT: wait a minute, it was a Sky news microphone he was wearing? Sky, as in part of the media empire controlled by Rupert Murdoch, parts of which have now publicly switched their support to the Tories?

In a way by agreeing to do this for them, he was asking for trouble, not that that excuses him entirely, but Sky were probably hoping and looking for just such a slip-up.

I see Sky news as like a less extreme version of what the US has in Fox News anyways, but this is a low for them too.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

Although I'm not a big labour supporter, I do feel sorry for Gordon Brown and respect him. To me he is a proper politician, substance over style, and that is how I believe politics should be done.

When he does inevitably leave Downing Street I was hoping that he would be remembered to be somebody who'd stuck to his beliefs and morals. Unfortunately though, today will destroy him.

Maybe so, she's as much entitled to her opinion as anyone... however Gillian Duffy isn't the candidate campaigning to becoming the next prime minister

Brown is entitled to his opinion also, don't forget the context in which he was speaking (to one of his advisers), i wonder what Cameron has said about people he has met on the street & then talked about them in the car (other private location).

anyway,

hmmm i'm not to keen on Brown however, shame this has happened.

as for the woman :rolleyes:

:)

She's sold her story to The Sun for £50k.

Personally I do find her a bit of a bigot with her views against immigration. She reminded me of a UKIP voter with her views. "All these immigrants coming from Eastern Europe... where are they all coming from?" You just answered yourself there love.

She's sold her story to The Sun for £50k.

Personally I do find her a bit of a bigot with her views against immigration. She reminded me of a UKIP voter with her views. "All these immigrants coming from Eastern Europe... where are they all coming from?" You just answered yourself there love.

bet max cilfford (cu*t) had something to do with it as for the woman i suppose she is going to vote BNP now, she sounds the sort of woman who moans about everything anyway.

*edit, just submitted my comment on the suns site, waiting for it to be checked now.

:)

You can still stand outside with your eggs though Helen. I find those Creme ones do the most damage. I throw like a girl though, unfortunately.

Re. What happened today. I'd agree with Doovde, it was like an episode of The Thick of It.

We're merely being distracted from the far more important issues, namely the actual solid policies of the parties, by this sort of trash media style personality contest.

This is an election, not the f*cking X Factor!

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

Richard Bacon was saying on his show that there is an episode in Series 1 of The Thick Of It that this was reminding him of, can't remember that specific one meself but then I need to watch that show through again sometime :P

Love the fact that Malcolm Tucker is apparently heavily based on an actual Labour PR guru, or rather a combination of characteristics from a few different ones.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

I can't imagine this having a massive impact on Labour's poll ratings. The 26% or so who say they'll vote Labour are likely to be the ardent loyal Labour supporters and those who simply do not want a Tory government and are voting tactically, so I don't foresee a huge downturn in support from this incident.