New Schedule - Greg and Fearne on daytime

craigh

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest inxces4308
Andy how is that a normal cover list?

Because its still the same people that would normally cover or will cover in the future, just in a different order.

Feel a bit sorry for Greg actually, Fearne is totally overshadowing him in the press above the schedule changes. Its all 'and in other news, Greg....'

I think the DJ's would have found out earlyer so I dont think they would have today off to take in the news.

I was thinking more the text reaction. I think it would have been difficult for Jo judging by Twitter.

I'm pleased with the new schedule and I could easily listen to Radio 1 from 6:30am to 7pm! I'm especially pleased with Greg moving to afternoons as this means I'll actually be able to have a listen when the show is live. Good stuff.

I'm surprised its not been noticed yet but if the night time schedule stays the same: Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays (depending on introducing and INDWT), there will only be 1 female on the what 11 shows? and on Tuesdays its 2 with the addition of Mary Anne Hobbs.

Sam

Guest inxces4308
I'm surprised its not been noticed yet but if the night time schedule stays the same: Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays (depending on introducing and INDWT), there will only be 1 female on the what 11 shows? and on Tuesdays its 2 with the addition of Mary Anne Hobbs.

And?

Guest inxces4308
The fairness and equality, sex discrimination and most importantly the audience representation brigades will be up in arms.

I'm sure they will but I just hope the BBC has the balls and stands up to it.

Quite alot of mixed opinion. I can't really say I'm surprised, and I don't think others should say they are. We have seen this coming for a while! OK, so maybe we didn't expect some of the changes, like Edith's move, but still we did expect change!

I am happy for Greg, I do enjoy his show! And it can only get better with a larger audience!

I did expect however some new names coming in, so I am a bit surprised that they haven't invested in new talent.

take control

Mixed feelings about the change. Would have liked to have seen Sara take Jo's weekday morning slot. Does this mean that Sara will just continue to pre-record her Sunday show and cover for others when necessary? I can't pretend I'm excited by the prospect of Fearne Cotton every weekday.

Will be interested to hear Greg during the day in a permanent slot. I don't very often hear his early morning show and I always feel it's a bit routine and uncomfortable when he's covering for Scott and the show isn't really his own.

Well done to Dev for getting early breakfast - seems very easy going to listen to, though it seems bizarre to give him a new show then move him on again within months though.

As others have mentioned, I don't know what sort of format Jo's new weekend show will take - the timeslot doesn't really seem suited to the sort of new music focus her weekday show has.

Also disappointed Nihal won't be on daytimes anymore. I know some don't like him but I think he's a natural presenter and talker - very affable.