Football Season 2008/09

popbitcher

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

shows how much fabio knows. he's bursting to ommit joe cole from the sqaud all together yet again becuase of a personal issue, like with owen. it's clear that he rates downing above him and he was utter crap, he's never ever put in a decent performance for england under any manager and he continues to be picked. cole came on and showed that italian bastard how it should be done.

and ha! so much for jermaine "so much better than owen" defoe then, usless. although defoe is good, he's had his chance now, with owen ommited to prove to everyone why capello thinks he is so much better. records never lie i'm afraid, he'll still regret not including owen against croatia.

on the grid.

plus how the hell can he be angry with rooney as well? he finally had the freedom as a support striker to roam around in what i think is his best position. i admit didn't play his best game ever, but he was commited, won the ball a lot, and set up cole's second. downing was awful as per usual and he never said anything about that!

i think if the players followed his instructions word for word then it would have been 0-0 last night. capello is like a spoilt child, he can't take criticism and always has to be right. he may of won lots of trophys abroad but if you'd of put him in charge of fulham toward the end of last season i bet they'd of been playing in the championship now. he has had everything his own way at the clubs he has managed but he's got to realise that he's got bosses too in soho square. and no matter how much he dosen't like it, if he screws up, he's over.

on the grid.

wow, they actually played well and won?!?

comparing it to the 1-5 game is a bit much, but it was needed to put those wembley ghosts to bed from last year. walcott was outstanding on the right, he should of played in the last world cup against portugal.

probably the best we have played since the game against argentina 3 years ago, with a weakened side (gerrard, owen out). however i am getting a bad feeling about stupid journalism going on about how we are going to win the world cup and how gerrard should be left out of the side, all due to one match. there's still a long way to go yet, but i'm enjoying it.

on the grid.

I hate football. Lmao

Yay for the pointless post!

Good news for Liverpool - Torres and Gerrard are fit for United, but I partially hope Gerrard doesn't start.. he never plays well against United, and it would give Keane more room to play how he likes

The poster formerly known as Robbo

Yay for the pointless post!

Good news for Liverpool - Torres and Gerrard are fit for United, but I partially hope Gerrard doesn't start.. he never plays well against United, and it would give Keane more room to play how he likes

anyone who has the ability to do that can't be ruled out of doing anything amazing. however i do think rafa is risking it with them both, another injury to gerrard could be fatal and he could be out for months. and rushing torres back, anyone remember what rushing owen back did to his hamstrings? now like giggs, he can't tap into the full power of his pace becuase of being bought back from injury too early.

I hate football. Lmao

what an amazing, creative and wonderful post. i could cry with joy.

on the grid.

I find it interesting that Gerrard and Torres both happened to be injured during international duty but amazingly they both seem fine to play against Man U.

I mean no disrespect to Liverpool, Gerrard or Torres as I would jump with joy if Torres were to join Chelsea (getting rid of the irritating Drogba) but it seems a little suspicious to me.

Really not, Chris. The squad for the internationals were chosen before the first friendly, back at the weekend, when Torres had only just got his injury and Gerrard had just had an operation and was nowhere near being fit.

It's also a point to make that they might not be fully fit and aren't likely to start for the match today, and a couple of days can be a difference to get match fit.. they only trained fully for the first time yesterday.

And yes, Gerrard and Torres are only on the bench

well done liverpool, they still need to loan back danny murphy for the away fixture though. the memories.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/1073623.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/1768397.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/3628565.stm

as for newcastle, relegated. 0-2 to hull, thanks a lot ashley. murder is wrong, but i'd make excuses after what he's done to the club.

on the grid.

You have to love this weekend!

Is there any West Ham fans on UM? I'd like to thank them for playing Hayden Mullins over the best holding midfielder in the world, and then rejecting him to let him come to us! Yay for Mascherano!

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/images5/prop080913-25-liverpool_manu_mascherano.jpg

lost again today, and we only have mike ashley to thank. we have no manager, and no chance of getting one because no-one wants to work under the corrupt board at st james.

owen is the only one trying to do anything, the rest of our players are lifeless, plus the big 4 are sniffing around him. he'll be at one of them come january, becuase he is in form, scoring goals, he'll be on a free by then, and im sure he would take a wage drop to go to one of them, and with the way things are i wouldn't blame him.

it's heartbreaking after such a great start to the season we are in this situation within a month. and unlike any other times when newcastle have been fighting to stop up and found a mysterious drop in form, this time it's been caused by individuals. and that makes it all the worse.

on the grid.