Unofficial Mills

4th August to 8th August 2008

craigh

Steven Jenkins, who took part in the challenge, told the inquest: "There was a tray of cakes left over from the buffet. My friend put three cakes in his mouth so I tried four.

"They were small, only an inch and a half across but I struggled with four.

"My friend must have told Adam what we were doing and he put five cakes in his mouth.

"I could see that he was struggling to eat them. I thought he wanted to spit them out. I only realised how serious it was a minute or two later when other people ran to help him."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2510328/Student-dies-in-cake-eating-contest.html

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enJbXlb4zqo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enJbXlb4zqo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

According to a comment, he made the song before Forever, and then added lyrics to it. And he's chewing gum at the start of the Forever advert.

Pendulum's The Other Side is actually an advert for Radio 2 and Shut Up And Let Me Go off of The Ting Tings is for constipation relief.

Wasn't there a Shockwaves hair advert song that they released before the advert was made and it got on to the dance shows on Radio 1? Then it was pulled when they realised.

I have no idea what this Red Hot Chilli Peppers song is about. As with most of their songs actually. The only thing they're promoting seems to be chilli peppers.

RHCP are trying to flog contraception here. :D

It'd be more worth it than that last two CD album they released. It was like elevator music, it all sounded the same!

Scott needs to get his mind set on him to open it.

Haha, my eyes are actually watering. That was funny, and completely random.

Anyone want to warn Greg James that George Harrison's ghost is now out in the Radio 1 studios. He'll be first to know, stuck in the building at 3am.

Scott is as bad his mum. First it was Most Haunted, then Ghost Hunting with Radio 1, then the ghost at Radio 1, now this! Jeesh.

Are you sure it wasn't just a pickled egg jar? They probably smell like farts. Isn't Greg James' recording farts on early breakfast for some reason or other? Probably his.

GOOD GOD! He has to see this video

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZUo0iyt3E4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZUo0iyt3E4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

"We through a party for George Harrison,and we're pretty sure his ghost blew out the candles.."

If the ghost doesn't exist it has to be highlighted for the freaks in it celebrating his birthday.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• There was talk on my Big Weekend group from the council about them waiting for Ticketmaster to send an email out. They said they've been waiting a week. Maybe they're waiting for train strike confirmation first. 
    • It’s on Saturday and Friday that week too. I guess this would make sense, as it gives them roughly 6 weeks off weekends until they start the new show?
    • Yeah he's on more than usual including this Sunday and then 3 more shows in May according to the above. Makes me think it's James for the weekend shows also
    • For some reason there is 'Summer on Radio 1' listed on Sunday 2nd June, could this be replacing M&M until July?
    • They seem to be using James more for cover now makes me think it will be him getting weekends eitjer breakfast or 1 till 4 
    • Yep am very much Capital Breakfast now. Jordan, Chris and Sian are a great trio and it's got that feel of the old shows Jordan and Chris used to do on Radio 1. It doesn't take itself too seriously but is packed full of content and slick. With Greg he's great but 6 years in you've probably heard it all before plus frankly I can sit through the Capital Playlist a lot more easily than the Radio 1 playlist (where some of the inclusions and omissions can be quite baffling at times). Plus after things like the Oscars or Met Gala or if there's a particularly big TV show or film or popstar then Greg won't half wang on about it at times. I guess it's partly to be expected with it being a Breakfast show on a young station but it can feel very London bubble and get tired.
    • Ore Olukoga is in for Arielle on Tuesday 14th May. James Cusack is in for Danny Beard on Saturday 1st June. James Cusack is in for Nat on Sunday 2nd June.
    • I honestly never thought in a million years I’d move from Radio 1 to be a regular Capital breakfast show listener. But it’s got pretty much everything I want - 3 really genuine, entertaining mates having a laugh, playing silly games and it all sounds great. I became a big fan of Chris from his days with Scott, became a Jordan fan on Going Home, and Sian Welby is newer to me but is loads of fun too.  It’s great and I’ve shocked myself by transferring my listening at breakfast. For me Greg’s show now feels very tired and it’s time for something new. But with Jordan gone that’s unlikely to happen anytime soon. Greg’s had a great run and I’m a fan - but there’s no new ideas now. I still listen to Radio 1 at other times - but this show feels like very serious competition for Greg. 
    • They have built four new studios to increase capacity, alongside the existing six.  Bearing in mind that some of the output of R1, 1X, R2 & 6M comes from elsewhere, and Asian Network is gradually moving all output to Birmingham, this should be enough!
    • How do they manage to cater for 6Music and Radio 2 on that floor? Did they adapt it? 
    • I think we've all figured out now how much you like it @AndyK77 😂 Personally while I think it's by far the best show on the Capital schedule and better than its predecessor, it still has the shortened songs and other commercial-radio aspects that remind me why I'm a Radio 1 fan. No matter how well this has worked out for Jordan, and all credit to him for landing the job, I can't help but feel that a Jordan and Katie show on R1 breakfast would have been so much better!
    • A few weeks in and I am actually loving the show and Jordan is a nice mix of his old chaotic self and dare I say it a slick jock.
    • He must be in his element. At Eurovision and a Gold award!
    • I really like Rylan, and as much of a fun idea it would be to have Scott and Rylan together, I think Rylan is too much of a main character.  Scott needs a side-kick rather than a full on co-host I think. That’s why he and Chris worked so well, Scott steered the show, and Chris was the perfect person to have alongside him.    I don’t religiously listen to Rylan’s show, but when I do catch it, it’s perfect weekend energy. He has a very warm presenting style too, but something makes me think he and Scott together every day would be a bit too much.     
    • So pleased for Scott on his best entertainment show win. As much as I miss his R1 style, he clearly puts so much into his shows, well deserved and it’s a big two fingers up to all the abuse he has had since joining R2