Unofficial Mills

4th May to 10th May 2008

Jono

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, looks like it all went down for a couple of minutes.

It seems to choose the wrong moments to be going down at the moment!

No you cannot be driving with no shirt on until the beginning of June. If it was me I'd rather none of them did, as it's always the fat ones with moobs.

Hey there!

I'm cooking dinner so I'll leave again in a minute - but expect me back after 6 .

Just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten you ;)

Il n'y a qu'un devoir, c'est d'être heureux; il ny'a qu'une vertu, c'est la justice -Denis Diderot

Good good... I didn't feel like shouting at my mum for switching off the router, which she always tends to do for some insane reason.

My router turns itself off :rolleyes:

People shouldn't be allowed to drive around without shirts any time of the year, bleurgh.

The chuggers stand outside the exit doors of Morrisons. You can't really avoid them. They wanted me to sponsor a dog, but I'm like "well I don't want to sign up to pay money every week to a dog!". I'd have been happy to give £5 as a one-off, but not weekly!

I love living in Birmingham for this exact reason. We're all expected to be thugs, so it's perfectly acceptable to walk right past them ignoring them.

After all, you don't really know if they're just beggers or actual charity people.

Buy stuff from a charity shop if you feel you have to be giving. :D

I'd say most people give a fiver or less a month to charity...

Just goes to show how lovely and generous (and gullible) Scott is, doesn't it really?

Imagine what his poor mum is like. She gives credit card numbers out to people on ebay!

I love living in Birmingham for this exact reason. We're all expected to be thugs, so it's perfectly acceptable to walk right past them ignoring them.

That's true. Birmingham people are great. They don't say anything to you in shops so you're in and out in seconds.

I have gotten very good at dodging the charity people. i rarely get stopped anymore.

They aren't interested in my Spanish bank cards. Lucky me. Not that I don't approve of charidee, but they can be a little 'hard sell'!

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

That's true. Birmingham people are great. They don't say anything to you in shops so you're in and out in seconds.

Except in La Senza the people on the till are always talking to each other. Takes forever. However, elsewhere it's get in, get out. Done.

When were you in Birmingham then, eh?

Just give to established charities - those people outside supermarkets often have "admin costs" that swallow 98% of the donations. In other words you are giving £20 directly to the person. What makes me mad about that sort of scam is it's moral blackmail targeting the nicest, kindest people.

UM is a nice place