Unofficial Mills

Annie Mac is faking it

Ian

I clearly saw her in the studio in London on the webcam after Bowman finished today recording her show for tonight. On her show tonight she claims to be in Liverpool which she probably is when the show in going out. I have no problem with this but what I do object to is her giving out the studio number so people can ring in to get a tune on. Obviously this is deception.

She might have just recorded a bit of it incase she was late in,she said she had 17 mins to get from radio 1 to euston station

Why then if she had only 17 mins to get to Euston Station did she stand around talking to Dave on his show.

Unless his show in recorded too.

:?:

I would imagine all dance output after 11pm on a Friday night is pre-recorded. It would be silly for these DJs to be putting out live shows when this is the night they could be earning money doing clubs and gigs.

The majority of the mash up is live as I've been on it before, but then Annie's show goes out early in the night.

Annie Mac stood in for Edith on Fri lunchtime then caught a train to Liverpool straight after and did her Friday night show from BBC Merseyside Friday night, that's why she was running for the train! I don't think she wasn't faking it dudes!:lol:

Hi Annie!

:)

• 2 weeks later...

quite a few radio dj's prerecord a large part of each show. one of my mates is in a band thats getting quite big and theyve done quite a few radio interviews, he was telling me last week that of the ones they've been to, the majority hardly do anything live other than the sections where they respond to phone calls. it makes sense.... nothing can go wrong.

The thing with this new dance night is that a lot of the content will be pre-recorded because it's Friday night. What DJ would stay up half of the night presenting a show when they could be performing in clubs and at gigs.

Your logic is flawed. Irrespective of whether they are out performing in clubs or at gigs they'd probably stay up half the night anyway.

Is it? You're telling me they'd be happy to go in at 11pm to present a two hour show where there's no one else in the building and there's little transport, when they could pre-record it during the day.

I think doing a gig till the early hours is a lot different to a radio show.

my mum was well pi*sed about pearce getting moved from sunday nights. as it is when she gets to do the ironing and she used to listen to him. so now i record the show (due to listen again being crap as well) and burn it onto some cd-rw's as an mp3, so she can listen to it on a sunday. the first thing she picked up on last night was that it was pre recorded, dave kept saying how you can text in and get your requests in for "next weeks show". it's lost it's edge.

on the grid.