Unofficial Mills

Working from home

onlyME

Is there a new policy at Radio 1 that DJs can work from home? I've heard a few double acts working from home and sounding distant and it doesn't really work. You have the producers laughing about something and the presenter out of the office having no idea what's going on. 

It gives the impression Vick can't be bothered with Life Hacks now she's a married woman. I can't remember the last time she broadcast from Salford? But she's not the only one who does it. 

So is this a new policy? 

Which DJs have been working from home? I know Vick broadcasts from a studio at broadcasting house so not at home and the only one I remember recently broadcasting from home was Matt one weekend and I’m assuming that was a one off because it’s not happened since? 

Obviously it never happened before Covid, and it’s only been a handful of times since. Was never explained that random one with Matt at the end of 2023.

I do agree about Vick no longer going to Manchester, it definitely takes something away from the show. It’s okay on a temporary measure but not permanently (and surely takes away from having the show made there!)

On a side note - must be more production staff who work from home? Considering they’re building new Radio 2 studios in old office space.