Unofficial Mills

Radio 1's Big Weekend 2024

47 minutes ago, wbroom12 said:

Won't be Fred Again. He's said he's only doing Reading and Leeds in UK this year 

Calvin is a probable because of Vick.

Raye and Dua Lipa are both high on list I imagine. Although with DL headlining Glasto maybe Beyonce 

I mean Calvin probably maybe not just because of Vick but closes ties to the station and someone they booked so often sounds likely. I mean it could be a surprise headline announcement regarding Fred Again. One that his team and the station could be keeping under wraps think it would be the right time and moment for him to do such a gig. Raye likely headliner bit I don’t know whether Beyoncé would cost too much and eat out of the budget for the festival. I just don’t see her doing a radio festival.

5 hours ago, onlyME said:

Taylor Swift's diary looks very empty at the end of May. She's due to play in the Netherlands after Big Weekend. 

Think Taylor would be too costly of a production now it was different in 2018 in Swansea but her stardom now is on another level and think could distract from the rest of the line-up.

51 minutes ago, BBCAaron said:

Think Taylor would be too costly of a production now it was different in 2018 in Swansea but her stardom now is on another level and think could distract from the rest of the line-up.

She came on before Foo Fighters in 2015 too. If she was playing you'd imagine they'd announce later like Harry Styles in Coventry. 

• 2 weeks later...

Finding it strange there aren't any shuttle buses and people need to make their own way there. There's a bit of panic from people asking about taxis. 

• 3 weeks later...