Unofficial Mills

Paris Hilton Jailed For 45 Days

Jono

Celebrity heiress Paris Hilton has been jailed for 45 days after being found guilty of violating her probation for a drink-driving conviction.

A Los Angeles judge ruled she must start her sentence on 5 June and has no prospect of an early release.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6624223.stm

How can Paris Hilton get jailed for this, and yet Pete Doherty is still free to roam the streets with his track record in the UK?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pete hasn't been endangering anyone (except himself). Roam the streets? He's a sad sensitive artist not a knife wielding psychopath! Also we try to help people recover in this country instead of imposing harsh punishments, which in my opinion aren't going to help anyone in the long run. I guess most people fall into one of two camps about this, the "make an example of them" camp and the "help them to get better" camp.

UM is a nice place

How can Paris Hilton get jailed for this, and yet Pete Doherty is still free to roam the streets with his track record in the UK?

it isn't fair that time and money out of tax should be spent on him and he wont help himself. misunderstood? is he boat, he does things like squirt blood at the mtv cameras, and even his band members thought that was too far. just goes to show he dosent appreciate any help that is going towards him. he's had his chances.

well the law is the law for paris, but im afriad that the comparison is right between the laws, mabie pete should spend some time in new york with a low tolerance policy.

on the grid.

He's a sad sensitive artist not a knife wielding psychopath!

I'll believe it if I saw it. Kicking reports like Tulip from Radio 1's Newsbeat is hardly the best way to go around to get good press. I know the laws are different, but at least America is showing few celebrities are given special treatment.

Celebs are pressured a lot by the press, imagine how you'd feel if you were already having problems and annoying people kept following you around trying to ask provocative questions and get photos that make you look bad.

Celebs do usually get special treatment in the US though don't they, because they have money for top lawyers. Michael Jackson and OJ Simpson got away with it.

UM is a nice place

im gutted for her, she is going to be put in a cell with [in the nicest way possible] a vicious probably money grabbing criminal. Shes going to get forced into paying protection money to just about everyone.

My Photos are online at www.markohare.com

im gutted for her, she is going to be put in a cell with [in the nicest way possible] a vicious probably money grabbing criminal. Shes going to get forced into paying protection money to just about everyone.

tough, she broke the law so she should face what everyone else has to.

"Just one more game, I promise"

Hahahahahahaha! Wonder how the pampered princess'll cope?

She'll make loads of notes, keep a diary then release it as a book when she comes out and make yet another small fortune!!

Good to see her being made an example of even tho quite like her, wonder if Jo Public would have just got 45 days tho?

glitzy.jpg

She Broke the law, yes but it was for driving with a suspended license its hardly murder. 45 days for that is shocking, if she wasn't one of the most famous people on the planet she would be heading for jail.

My Photos are online at www.markohare.com

She Broke the law, yes but it was for driving with a suspended license its hardly murder.

Yeah, but her licence was suspended for drunk driving in the first place, which does put other peoples lives in danger.

It's not like she can't afford to take a taxi/chauffeur/ helicopter/private jet etc. instead!

caitlynmac.png

D'you think they'd have to keep her in solitary confinement?

American actor Stacey Keach got put in Reading Gaol for drug offences, apparently he got on well with the other inmates who thought he was a good bloke.

However, having seen The Simple Life, it seems unlikely that Paris has it in her to get on well with the inmates of a ladies correctional facility

UM is a nice place

D'you think they'd have to keep her in solitary confinement?

American actor Stacey Keach got put in Reading Gaol for drug offences, apparently he got on well with the other inmates who thought he was a good bloke.

However, having seen The Simple Life, it seems unlikely that Paris has it in her to get on well with the inmates of a ladies correctional facility

She'll probably be placed in solitary cofinement in a cell similar to a deluxe suite in one of daddy's famous hotels. Fruit basket, champagne anyone? Scott will get TONNES of Prisoner Cellblock H mileage out of this state of affairs!

Agree with you about Pete, he's a sensitive, self-destructive amazing poet. I feel sorry for him, and his inability to sort himself out (at the moment). There but for the grace of God go I...

Nx

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.