Unofficial Mills

Moyles visits Radio Norfolk

*becky*93

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bless them, perhaps if they listened, worked out what was happening, and went they'd not be moaning so much. Can a Radio 1 fan not like more than one show? It's still a Radio 1 fansite here. Anyway, moving on.

The team seemed quite chuffed I think to see people so early. He looked as nervous as I did when I walked past him. But no one had thought to bring a radio, I was the only one with the radio on loud speaker otherwise we'd not have known he was on the air. Very much enjoyed it, just waiting to see Look East again to see everyone's ugly mugs again.

But seriously, it was a freak show. First bloke was a bouncer from a lap dancing club trying to sell his business, the other was a very rough woman who wanted to flash her breasts.

that demonhorse fella, type in jono and then search his posts. he actually hates you as does that viv. but she asked to be banned didnt she as she didnt like people not replying to her posts. right or not? shame i thought they'd grown out of the lets gang up on UM phase. last time i looked they believed every word chappers said about this website. why they can't let two sites co-exist is beyond me.

The banner was a quick job put together yesterday morning. Nothing special, but did the job.

The Saviour of Radio 1 - Welcome to the city of Norwich.

Yes, there really is more atmosphere on the moon, but welcome.

unofficialmills.co.uk

You got any pic's to show us Jono?

Sadly not. Everyone tried but he was behind three large pieces of glass. So the light reflected it all. We just left he was slagging off some people who stayed behind for the radio norfolk show and he was right to. It's due on local television today, they had to film audio from phone as they weren't allowed to film Chris. I enjoyed it all muchly though, and recommend you all go to similar events.

I didn't go looking for mentions by the way :bah: Far from it. I take banners to every R1 event I go to. I hardly go to gigs for mentions do I? I went to show that there are die hard fans out here in Norfolk who will make the effort of a banner, skip college, prepared to get up at 5am to get there for 7am on the dot, and to say 'hey, you might want to know I'm from Unofficial Mills'.

Quickly put some audio together. Will sort something proper out for the site later. First mention of the two strange chaps looking at him, then the banner talk, then Aled came over and then Chris asks why I'm not outside Scott's studio...

http://www.unofficialmills.co.uk/audio/dailyclips/april2007/27-4-2007-moyles_norfolk.mp3

Bless them, perhaps if they listened, worked out what was happening, and went they'd not be moaning so much. Can a Radio 1 fan not like more than one show? It's still a Radio 1 fansite here. Anyway, moving on.

The team seemed quite chuffed I think to see people so early. He looked as nervous as I did when I walked past him. But no one had thought to bring a radio, I was the only one with the radio on loud speaker otherwise we'd not have known he was on the air. Very much enjoyed it, just waiting to see Look East again to see everyone's ugly mugs again.

But seriously, it was a freak show. First bloke was a bouncer from a lap dancing club trying to sell his business, the other was a very rough woman who wanted to flash her breasts.

Agreed, but I live in Plymouth, and it's too far to go.

I would have liked to have gone, anyway your visit has wound Viv up so it has been a very meaningful trip, fully worthwhile !

Hope you are all well by the way,

Mum told about it when I woke up. I actually thought I was dreaming for a minute, mainly because she was listening to Radio 1 without me being the room (she can take it or leave it). Her actual words were "Someone from that Geeky place you go on was being picked on by Moyles this morning". I was like "What?!" then I realised you went to see them. Very cool though!

Did anyone actually hear Dom? How did it go for him?

Did anyone actually hear Dom? How did it go for him?

He did very well, pretty sure I heard Joel ringing in though. Moyles later went in the studio to talk to Nicky Barnes about it all, and there were a few of us standing outside still, he was slagging off two guys. He was right on both accounts. One who I swear was feeling up random girls, the other who stopped to inform me what car Chris Moyles used to drive. "Those two need help", he wasn't far wrong.

It was all very low profile, it was very quiet at The Forum till about 8.30am. The news reporter seemed a bit cheesed off, I think she wanted someone to admit to hating him so she could say not everyone was happy with him being there. The local paper said Moyles 'had to eat his own words' when coming to Norwich. Really poor reporting on that. Although I'm pretty sure at one point a dodgy man was going to try and get into the studio as I heard a guy on the phone say 'I'd get locked up if I did that, nah it's too risky' but it was so compact that I couldn't see who or do much about it.

oh dear those mentions were really fierce, that surley spells the end of this site and the world (!) hahahaha, you pr*ck, i'm so clever becuase i said that!!1 [/jumpingonanyexcusetastic] etc

not somthing i'd go and do at that time of the morning to be honest, but whatever floats your boat. i think moyles just sounded a bit suprised that you are a scott mills fan and you made that type of effort at that time of the morning and he's not scott.

or he probably just felt like saying you were there.

on the grid.

Yeah, you didn't expect me to be the turnip holding it upside down did you?

Naomi from the Evening News didn't have a lot to say after slagging him off.

BBC Radio One DJ Chris Moyles turned up in Norwich this morning to broadcast his breakfast show from the city he famously described as having less atmosphere than the moon.

His comments in December were picked up by the Evening News and started a war of words on the internet between city people and Mr Moyles.

Today he broadcast his show from Radio Norfolk at the Forum - and poked fun at people gathered outside the glass-fronted Forum to look at him and newsreader Dominic Byrne on air.

He said: “What's ironic is that funny looking people are staring at me and it should be the other way round. need to do a portion of the show stark naked to stop people looking through.”

He added: “This place is just non-stop rocking.”

He refused to be interviewed about why he had come to Norwich, but a BBC spokesman said Radio Norfolk invited him.

Norwich-born Dominic, who claims he hates the Norfolk accent, was also set to do a one-hour phone-in after the show on Radio Norfolk.

Wasn't aware there was a site rivalry as surely there about two different DJ's if this was unofficials moyles or theres was scott mills.net then maybe there would a bit of rivalrly but i'm sure there are people on both sides who like to wind the other side up. I just thinks its a wee bit childish but don't really care either way to be honest.

Download the Adam and Joe & Jon Richardson podcasts now!

It's no different to Jo Whiley and Scott Mills, bar one or two bitter people who threw the toys out of the pram. It tends to be those who dislike the Mills show who dislike UM anyway.

It's been pretty quiet on here until the whole Moyles Norwich saga. Seems to have pushed a few over the edge on the other site, and naturally been dragged over here.

I think it is their way of telling chris moyles

not to mention this website again. Its clear

from how bitter the first poster is. He calls

the website here childish and then puts

across an argument worse than my five

year old daughter could.

As for Radio Norfolk Dom was brilliant. He

will have no problem looking for work after

Radio 1

This is all more tedious than Frozen Indigo Angel. If it bugs you I wouldn't visit, just leave them to it. And similarly if Moyles visits your town, why not go and say hello? Whilst some are just having a joke, it seems to genuinely wind some of them up.