Unofficial Mills

Frozen Indigo Angel?

in_my_head

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tickets for as much live music by top bands as you can listen too - how awesome is that? Only a weekend of unlimited chocolate or a weekend away with Brad Pitt would come close in my estimation. :)

you changed your tune a week ago you said you were fed up with frozen indigo angel and wanted it all stopped

I got pretty fed up at one point - think we all did and many still are. It's a different thing being fed up with an annoying alternative reality game - I never said I was fed up with OBW itself or didn't want to go. I can't think of anything I'd rather do at the moment as it happens. (Bit of Jim'll fix it there, maybe he could get me passes? ha ha)

UM is a nice place

I got pretty fed up at one point - think we all did and many still are. It's a different thing being fed up with an annoying alternative reality game - I never said I was fed up with OBW itself or didn't want to go. I can't think of anything I'd rather do at the moment as it happens. (Bit of Jim'll fix it there, maybe he could get me passes? ha ha)

I think this whole think has had us feeling lots of emotions over the weeks. boboboboed off, confused, intrigued, excited, amused... Thats why i love it. You can be in it on many levels. There are lots of people playing it because it is a game and no other reason. There are others that are just in it for some sort of prize. And there are many none active members who are just loving the whole drama side of it.

People play Xbox games, playstation games etc and win nothing but love the play elements. People love to watch dramas with out the ability to help shape the story or interact with characters. This you can play for fun, play to win, watch passively, interact, even star in. Tonight, people traveling to Liverpool, meeting an agent and collecting tickets really did take this whole thing to a new level. For those who did it, I'm sure it must have been a great experience... even watching the webcam was pretty good.

BBC Radio 1, You could have made it less predictable and better than tickets to the bloody weekend that i am sick and tired of hearing of. What a letdown.

I'm sorry you feel like that. It's hardly a let down though. If you all put your mind to it, each and every one of you could be at the big weekend. The chances are there. SO many people would love to be at this event, the biggest free music festival with over 50 music acts - and the people in the north don't often get music events on this scale. Although there's only a few pairs of tickets at stake, the chances to win are so much higher than the ticket lottery, as very few people know about this. These tickets however aren't the end.

No one asked you to follow Frozen Indigo Angel. No one said it was going to be any thing more to win. That was down to your imagination...

No one asked you to follow Frozen Indigo Angel. No one said it was going to be any thing more to win. That was down to your imagination...

Yeah but after all of the hype about it, and especially on here, i would have thought something better would be at stake than Big weekend tickets.

And are we to take that You work for Radio 1?

>> I'm on here every now and again... <<

http://www.offthechartradio.co.uk

Because nothern england lacks a festival. Sure there's T in the Park in Scotland. But that's about it. Don't think paying really comes in to it does it? It's the BBC, they're hardly going to charge. For the price you're going to pay to travel up and stay here, you might as well go to V or Reading.

I'm amazed by how Frozen Indigo Angel took off. I'll stick my neck out and say the word on forums has been spread by that one post from Unofficial Mills. Certainly the other Radio 1 forums wouldn't have talked about it without the posts here. And it's brought a lot of newbies on the way.

BBC Radio 1, You could have made it less predictable...

Ah yes, less predictable. Because when the words FROZEN INDIGO ANGEL appeared in Scotts Vodcast we all knew 4 weeks later we'd be chasing agents to a pub in Liverpool where the Beatles used to drink, quoting Lennon and getting a pair of tickets that 470,000 unfortunate people couldn't get. I think I predicted that second post :rolleyes:

Anyone know what happens next?

Anyone go and meet the agent last night?

Ah yes, less predictable. Because when the words FROZEN INDIGO ANGEL appeared in Scotts Vodcast we all knew 4 weeks later we'd be chasing agents to a pub in Liverpool where the Beatles used to drink, quoting Lennon and getting a pair of tickets that 470,000 unfortunate people couldn't get. I think I predicted that second post :rolleyes:

Anyone know what happens next?

Anyone go and meet the agent last night?

Shey did

I'm amazed people are moaning about this - I'm not a fan of having to play games myself, but it's a chance to get tickets lots of people want very very badly - how can that be a bad thing?

I've been risking getting into serious trouble at work to look at this thread, lots of people would probably risk even more to get OBW tickets. And what's so hard about travelling anyway? If I got tickets I’d be travelling from the south. Borrowing the money for the train seems well worth it considering the bands you can see and the unique atmosphere of an event like this. :)

UM is a nice place

And what's so hard about travelling anyway? If I got tickets I’d be travelling from the south. Borrowing the money for the train seems well worth it considering the bands you can see and the unique atmosphere of an event like this. :)

I'd love to have that outlook on things but it'd be £200 for return tickets for Liverpool and Preston. Take in to account I'd need three nights accommodation too, as the Big Weekend won't finish till late, that's another £150 considering you'll be hard pushed to find somewhere cheaper than £50 a night :bah:

I think I will have to make some northern friends before next year!

still none of us loyals have got tickets for as much as we know these new people could be stooges. after all this is this going to get us listening to the big weekend any more than before? i dont think so

I won tickets! hmm thinking about it I am still new here - trust me I aint a stooge though!

Re: the 3 nights - If I remember in Sunderland we didnt start queing to get in until like 1pm I dont think - so you could probably travel up on the Saturday morning, but yeah it does finish late (well 11pm) and after standing up all day you probably wouldnt wanna do much travelling at the end of Sunday - but could be done. So if needs be I would say you could get away with 1nights stay

Re: the 3 nights - If I remember in Sunderland we didnt start queing to get in until like 1pm I dont think - so you could probably travel up on the Saturday morning, but yeah it does finish late (well 11pm) and after standing up all day you probably wouldnt wanna do much travelling at the end of Sunday - but could be done. So if needs be I would say you could get away with 1nights stay

Nah, I've looked in to it. They want you there at 12pm. I'd have to set off at 5am and still wouldn't get there before 1pm. You'd then want to dump off any thing you've brought with you at your accommodation and find it, it's really pushing it. Plus I'd have to get to Norwich's train station which is 30 miles away. I suppose it's viable to travel up at 3am on the saturday, but it'd be tough.

As for going back, most trains stop running to Norwich by 11pm. And I'd have to get another train before hand. Not unless you want a 7 or 8 hour trip around half of the country to get there on more than two trains.

Anyway, why I'm discussing this I don't know :P

Nah, I've looked in to it. They want you there at 12pm. I'd have to set off at 5am and still wouldn't get there before 1pm. You'd then want to dump off any thing you've brought with you at your accommodation and find it, it's really pushing it. Plus I'd have to get to Norwich's train station which is 30 miles away. I suppose it's viable to travel up at 3am on the saturday, but it'd be tough.

As for going back, most trains stop running to Norwich by 11pm. And I'd have to get another train before hand. Not unless you want a 7 or 8 hour trip around half of the country to get there on more than two trains.

Anyway, why I'm discussing this I don't know :P

ah fair enough then - good old public transport ey!?