Unofficial Mills

26th to 30th March 2007

Guest Unofficial Mills

What did you spend your pocket money from that radio station in northern island on kelly?

:P

:bah: to you! ;)

How are we all? I've just spent an hour and a half trying to get my computer working, but it all seems fine now. I just can't turn it off, or I'll have to do it all again!

Ooh, I can smell my lasagne cooking downstairs!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I remember Spoony rang me up one morning and I went on his show to win a radio. All I was bothered about was the voting, and was confused when he mentioned something about a radio. I was rushing out and had my phone on silent. Realised it must have been Radio 1 calling me so I texted in with something like "Oi. Ring me back!!!!" and they did. But I sounded naff and so unawake! I hate being unprepared for stuff.

A COUPLE IN Aberdeen wrapped their television in a parcel of tin foil to try to avoid paying their licence.

They believed the silver foil would make their set invisible to hi-tech detector vans.

But the couple got a shock when a TV licensing squad came knocking on their door after their state-of-the art equipment picked up the set.

The lengths householders will go to dodge paying a licence fee were revealed yesterday by TV Licensing, the firm which detects rogue viewers. A wide range of weird and wonderful excuses were recorded across the country over the last year, but inspectors believe the citizens of the granite city - allegedly notorious for parsimony - were by far and away the most inventive.

One household in the area told detectives they only used their television for their cat to sleep on because it was "nice and warm". Others said their set was broken and that the standby light was only on to stop the damp getting in.

And one woman claimed she had never seen the television before and her husband must have bought it for their son.

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/scotland.cfm?id=696222003

Scott's tried this then? Shame on him, shame on him!!

The buses in Nottingham have a couple CCTV cameras and screen downstairs where you can see all the cameras. Sometimes, just for fun, my friend and I try and sit near the camera and pull funny faces when it looks at us! :oops: :P

He's actually garden obessed, if he hears mirrors are the "in" thing then he's sure to go out and buy an excessive amount to decorate the garden with.

Haha, that sounds a bit like my mum. Do you have a massive elaborate pond in your garden too?

Haha, I can imagine the TV overheating and blowing up with all that stuff on it. Of course what you want to do is put it all over your microwave... now there's where the fun begins!

Would it not cause a reaction if you covered your set in foil? Like when you put it in a microwave?

Great minds think alike!