Unofficial Mills

The Apple Take Over

ratso

Well they've said something good today -

Apple would drop digital rights management (DRM) technology from the music sold through its iTunes Store if major record companies would allow such a move, Apple chief executive Steve Jobs said in an online post at Apple's website.

Jobs also called on people unhappy with DRM systems - particularly European regulators who want Apple to open its FairPlay DRM to competitors - to push record companies to sell online music without digital-rights restrictions.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/index.cfm?newsid=8328

I cant say im a big fan of Macs. i had a go on one of them, tried doing a little Flash Movie (about a dog called Bernie :D), and i have to say - the PCs much easier to use. Everyone always tells me that Macs are good for art, and designing, an stuff, but....i dunno, maybe im just used to using the PC...

mwahahahaha

mac_vs_pc5_title.jpg

The most heroic act is the one that no-one knows about.

• 1 month later...

Good news about those unprotected legal downloads -

Music giant EMI is taking software locks off its digital music sold via download sites such as iTunes.

The "premium" versions of EMI tracks will lack the digital locks common to songs available via many online sites.

The move is significant because most download sites currently try to limit piracy by restricting what people can do with music they buy.

Apple's iTunes store will start selling the EMI tracks in the "premium" format in May, with other services to follow.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6516189.stm

PCs much easier to use. Everyone always tells me that Macs are good for art, and designing, an stuff, but....i dunno, maybe im just used to using the PC...

Macs confuse me, When I try to use them in the Apple shop in the trafford centre I feel like I'm going to break them or something >_< We always have to use them in media for movie editing, but garageband is easy enough to use for radio and that :)