Unofficial Mills

12/11/2006 - Radio 1's Chart Show Live

natalie deakin

Backstage with Scott Mills giving us all the gossip

<B>ALL SAINTS</B>

They performed: ’Black Coffee’, ‘Pure Shores’ and ‘Rock Steady’.

Scott said they sounded really good. They like singing the old stuff. Their new album is full of attitude and energy, they have co-wrote all 12 songs. All Saints couldn’t wait to see McFly because they’re really good. Also’ they wanted to see Nelly Furtado.

Reactions from the Crowd

‘They were brilliant’, ‘fantastic’, ‘wicked’, ‘absolutely amazing’ and ‘just brilliant’.

Vernon thought ‘Pure Shores’ was absolutely brilliant. He was going to crowd surf but then realised that the average age of the audience members was 13. He couldn’t wait to see Nelly Furtado and Beyonce. Scott asked Vernon if he could cut his hair on Celebrity Scissorhands and the answer was no.

Text Reactions

Frasier off of Sunderland said ‘All Saints sounded absolutely amazing, so wish I was there, brilliant to have them back.’

Alex said ‘All Saints, absolutely amazing. I’m taking tomorrow off to go and buy the album.’

<B>MCFLY</B>

They performed: ‘5 Colours In Her Hair’, ‘Star Girl’ and ‘Please Please’.

Liam Gallagher chatted to McFly. McFly were excited about seeing Beyonce and Girls Aloud. They found out Scott does the voice over for there album on the advert. Scott got a headphone injury, Sara Cox loved McFly. Danny had a chicken and leek pie 20 minutes before he went on stage and jumped around; he thought they weren’t on stage until 7pm.

Reactions from the Crowd

‘They were really good’, ‘Amazing’ and ‘I wouldn’t say no to any of them.’

Scott was banned from drinking wine this year but still asked Danny off of McFly where the wine was kept.

<B>NELLY FUTARDO</B>

She performed: ‘Why Do All Good Things Come To an End’, ‘Crazy (originally by Gnarles Barkley)’ and ‘Maneater.’

Reactions from the crowd

‘Wow, I’ve just seen Nelly Furtado, she’s been on stage. I love the girl, she’s back in Brighton. You go girl!’

‘Nelly Furtado yeah, she was good, yeah she’s a good singer. Maneater, I heard she is.’

‘Nelly Furtado was absolutely fantastic. She looked brilliant and she sounded great.’

‘She looked amazing. Nobody else could pull off that dress and those boots.’

Last night Scott and Nelly Furtado were going to spend the night in watching Prime Suspect on DVD, but Nelly forgot. She thought the crowd were good, they were interactive: screaming, singing, dancing and jumping. Scott has never seen her live before and it was exciting for him – he was blown away.

Text Reaction

Psycho off of Southampton said Nelly sounds awesome, blasting out of my truck. She’s made my night.

Karen said Scott, doing my homework here. Loving listening to the chart show live, sounds amazing. I love McFly, tell Dougie he is fit.

Evonnie off of Dundee said Music sounding amazing tonight guys. I’m sat in my wagon in Camberly, really enjoying the music and really liking Nelly Furtado. Made my hangover much easier. Thank you.

Another text said In my kitchen doing the ironing, about 5 miles away from you guys. All Saints sounded absolutely fantastic and I’m loving Nelly, my favourite album of the year. Say hi to Aled for me.’

<B>GIRLS ALOUD</B>

They performed: ‘Biology’, ‘Something Kinda Ooh’, ‘Love Machine and ‘Sound of the Underground.’

They thought the crowd were amazing. Cheryl’s mum and Kimberley’s two sisters were there.

Reaction from the Crowd

‘Oh my god, Girls Aloud, they were just brilliant. Kimberly looked as hot as ever.’

‘Girls Aloud was wicked. They’re the best band ever.’

<b>BEYONCE</B>

She performed: ‘Deju Vu’, ‘Naughty Girl’, ‘Irresistible’ and ‘Crazy.’

Reactions of the Crowd

‘Beyonce, best night of my life, amazing.’

‘Beyonce was brilliant, best gig I’ve ever been to.’

‘Oh my God, Beyonce, she’s amazing. She looks as fit as ever.’

‘She’s really good.’

Trevor Nelson spoke to Beyonce: she said it was unbelievable, the crowd were amazing. It was a warm-up for next year, when she’s back in the Uk.