Unofficial Mills

Why do I keep getting annoying market calls?

Jono

I've put my number on the TPS register, but still I get marketing calls to the landline.

Thankfully all my family "are on holiday for the next few weeks" but I'm "not old enough to participate in surveys"

But I don't want calls off the British Market Research Association or something! :-X

Isn't there something you can complain to or something? Like Ofcom or someone. My parents put our number on that list and we now hardly ever get those calls. When we do my dad gets very angry with them and they go away. Mostly though I just ignore calls on the landline, because the phone is at exactly the right distance away from me that if I throw myself down the stairs and run for it when it starts ringing, by the time I get there it's just stopped :-|

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

If they ask for your parents, try "I'm so sorry but Mr/Mrs Read passed away last week *sob*" - it works well I am told...

brilliant, i will tell them mr and mrs dc got killed. thanks! hopefully they will pi*s off

on the grid.