Unofficial Mills

The Football Season 2006/07

DC

it's great to see beckham back. it is still a team effort but in the form that he is in will help. but knowing the media he will do it all by himself so to say, and if he fails to live up to their expectations then he is surley over it (!)

also good to see owen coming back into form, he still isn't fully match fit yet i dont think. but it's a far cry from the world cup performances, stopping in the 18 yard box limping about. he's dropping back, linking up, passing and he must of drew whoever was supposed to be marking downing away from him. i would say that the 'b' team of last night played better and with more spirit than the senior team that played israel. i think alan smith is a serious contender for the estonia game for me at some point as well.

on the grid.

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All the best Gazza, hope you make a full recovery and sort your life out.

LONDON (Reuters) - Former England football player Paul Gascoigne has undergone emergency surgery for a perforated stomach ulcer, media reported on Monday.

Gascoigne's agent, Jane Morgan, said in a statement on the BBC that he was admitted to hospital on Sunday with "severe stomach pains".

"He underwent emergency surgery for a perforated stomach ulcer and will remain in hospital for a few days," the statement said. "He's recovering well from the surgery."

Gascoigne, who has a well-documented history of alcohol-related problems, became ill while he was celebrating his 40th birthday with family and friends in his home town of Gateshead, according to local media.

A spokeswoman for the Royal Victoria Infirmary in nearby Newcastle, where Gascoigne was reported to have had the surgery, declined to comment.

Gascoigne played 57 times for England but has had a troubled life since his football career went into decline in the late 1990s.

Tim Lovejoy is leaving as presenter of Sky Sports show Soccer AM after 10 years, bringing to an end one of the longest-running screen partnerships on UK TV, with co-host Helen Chamberlain. Does any one watch it any more?

:shock: that's a shame, I think Lovejoy and Chamberlain make the show the success that it is. Quite hard to believe its been on the screens a decade.

LOL I used to watch it without fail when my kids were young and I had to get up at the crack of dawn on a Saturday but there is absolutely no reason why I would get up at that time on a Saturday morning...now that the footie season is over I doubt I will see much of anything before about 3pm as there will be nothing to get up for at all!!