Unofficial Mills

3rd to 7th July 2006

Jono

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone, I'm here :) I would go and sit in my basement which is actually cool, but not great radio reception down there...

Oh get you with your basement. Do you have a balcony too?

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• They do sound good together, but I'm not sure Rylan will want the extra commitments. 
    • I have accepted Chris is unlikely to join Scott's show, and that Chappers has moved on, but I still think he could do with a co-host. The most logical solution, I think, is Rylan. He appears more often on his show than not, and they are great together. Radio 2 could lose Rylan's Saturday show and extend his reach by appearing during the week. I think they'd be great!
    • Tattoo took a while to grow on me. I couldn't see the fuss until weeks after. We have a split household here where the war on Gaza is overshadowing an enjoyment. I'm hoping for a protest of some sort. 
    • I've heard that the staging is very impressive.  That and him being "known" might prevent an embarrassing result.  I'm a terrible judge of Eurovision though as Tattoo is still so very meh to me.
    • Feels like after the success of Sam Ryder we are going back to our old ways. Olly Alexander's song is pretty weak. Anyone fancy our chances this year? 
    • The more time goes on the more you think if they'd actually put some thought into it it should've been Vick & Katie from the start. A proven pairing and Katie ended up on the show anyway - whereas Katie's even mentioned she was only asked to join after the Jamie announcement And even by Going Home standards on time off, it's quite funny that a few months in we still haven't had a full week of the supposed line-up - and that's with a 4-day week.  
    • I heard something about what is your favourite wood? Wtf 😂
    • Was the same vibe on the Easter Monday show they did too. Just random questions and the like…. Katie is definitely the glue around making the show listenable. 
    • Vick and Jamie together are quite… awkward. Random discussion seems to be at an all time high without Katie. Maybe it’s just that there’s a lack of features today.
    • Jamie not even knowing about the big weekend day and the fact he starts the show at 14:00 just says everything.
    • I still haven’t forgiven Radio 1 for signing Laing. Vick and Jordan was good, you could hear the chemistry on air 
    • I just want to add though that I am beginning to enjoy the show a bit more now that it’s settled in - I think Jamie (when he’s there) has calmed down a bit and then the new features that have been progressively added over the last couple of weeks have been good too.    I still don’t think it’s a patch on Vick and Jordan together, but it is now a show that seems like it could have legs into the future and once Matt and Mollie start in July, I could see myself sticking with R1 all afternoon.
    • I think it’s a slimmer line-up and seems to fall short in previous years where it seemed almost double that I know Raye is booked to perform and is a headline name. I think the issue with a station like capital they are dealing with a rather lacklustre year for pop and theres no real big pulls for pop festivals that are an easy sell out right now. I think Capital has had seen it’s Capital Ball’s as for any generic pop music listener I don’t know whether Bradley Simpson, Aitch and Paul Russel have the universality to play in a stadium even Sugababes think it would be better if they chosen a smaller outdoor location or Wembley arena.
    • He's in bed sick today so not sure it will happen this weekend. 
    • Don't think it's the most amazing line-up. They seemed to really be pushing people to buy tickets on release day.