Unofficial Mills

Birmingham

DC

Just as I thought. I walked through broad street yetersday. And I thought about it. What struck me is the fact that Birmingham and other cities were left in the cold, and the protection was around London this and London that. I agree it is their main target, but if they are going for a straight kill, they go for any big city.

I went around Broad Street, and went on the big wheel, and the bull ring. Everywhere where people go infact. But what got me the most was on the train back home. The train was crammed with people, and that made me think that it certinaly is not just London which is under threat. ALL big cities are.

For example they could of bombed this tall building

skyscraper2gn.jpg

Or could of targeted this wheel when full of people

brumeye4op.jpg

Also the Bull Ring could be a target

bullring1aq.jpg

The case is that we can't prevent terrorist attacks all of the time, but we can think outside of London and look at the other cities too. When the football season starts backup, there will be high alert then, I mean a match between say Chelsea and Man U at Old Trafford would be a big target.

Tonight they evacuated parts of Brum as a precaution, thankfully everyone seems safe and nothing such as a bomb (so far) has happened, and the emercency services were ready. But it goes to show that it's not just London, it can be anywhere...

BRMB (Local Radio) broke the news to us. The DJ's must have some guts to stop at the station (which is on broad street), and broadcast. But I guess it's part and parcel of public service, like Radio 1 did on Thursday.

on the grid.

I totally agree, but happily from what I hear, yesterday's Birmingham evacuations went pretty smoothly.

I have a DJ friend who also lives in Wolverhampton, so I have visited Birmingham a few times for some of her gigs (being in Wolverhampton yourself it's possible you might know her actually), and like the place.

It seems to be a similar atmosphere to London. Attacks can happen even in smaller places and be equally devastating. Look at Lockerbie for instance.

I heard of a lot of suspect parcels around the UK on friday, including one on the Nottingham tram system, my friend's boss was delayed in getting to work because of that one. For me, the London bombs brought the threat close to home anyways, but this did it even more so.

Yes they did things well last night. I taped BRMB live onto minidisc, and from callers accounts, they were a bit shaken and shocked, but mainly fine. But things went smoothly. There were apparently some controlled explosions, but no harm done. But as i said, when i went through Birmingham yesterday it made me think.

It's the fact that the news (before Thursday), kept going on about the security around "London", and they failed to mention anywhere else. But it sseems that I was right, and the threat is not just in London.

on the grid.

Trust me, with the amount of people that was there last week, it would of been a good idea to go for the second city if London is too over protected... I they want a straight kill they will go for any heavily populated place, including Birmingham.

on the grid.