Unofficial Mills

Greg's Subtle References

OohErr

Has anybody else noticed that from time to time Greg James slips in subtle references to Radio 1 DJs of old?

A few examples I can think of: in his first proper Early Breakfast Show (which is up on the archive) he gets a text from someone called Wes, and he starts reading it with "and he says Hi, this is Wes", Wes Butters' former catchphrase on the chart. Also in Real or No Real on the 5th, he did a Chris Moyles " GUD MORNIN EVERYBODY!" AND when they had the Busta Rhymes rap, he almost did a Mark and Lard "biggedybiggedybong" as well.

Love it when he does that and I get the reference, I feel part of the club and it shows just how much of an anorak Greg is, like us.

I love hearing the nerdy side of Greg, he makes some jokes that'll fly over other people's heads and make anoraks like myself chuckle, but not enough to lose the attention of the rest of the audience, which is a good trait to have. Him & Scott both do this on Real or No Real a fair bit though I've noticed, even stuff like the reference to 'It's Only Bleh Friday' on Tuesday made me smile a little.