Unofficial Mills

Cotton slams 'bullying' critics

James R

Fearne Cotton has described people who criticise her work as "bullies".

The TV presenter has been singled out by some for her role in the BBC's coverage of the Diamond Jubilee last weekend.

"People who sit lazily and judge others will never grow. They'll never take a look at themselves or feel content. Shame so many do," Cotton said on Twitter.

more at http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a386089/fearne-cotton-grown-men-who-slag-me-off-are-bullies.html

james_ryder.png

However, she's in the public eye, and is being critiqued, not for looks or other matters, but due to people's opinion of her job... It's sort of expected isn't it?

People judge politicians and football players constantly on their performances (And they are doing their jobs so are presumably decent at their jobs, as Cotton claims), why are they any different? She judges music as part of her job, and gives an opinion on it...

etheridge_tom.png

I can empathize with her but I think that it is part of her job and she does not help her case by using the word 'bullying' inappropiately. It is TV critics jobs to judge her but then you can see some of the vile things posted on twitter or through forums. (not here!) So I can see both sides of the argument

Yup. Have to agree. i do think she does ok. she is competent and professional, but she is never 100% herself. forced brightness a lot of the time? that said, she does work v hard. btw, does anyone know why mills got so cross on twitter last night? maybe harkinson will know. Proper angry as well.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Its always weird watching Fearne Cotton for me as I actually grew up with her being one of the presenters on all the kids programmes I used to watch. Same with Reggie. Whenever I see them both on daytime TV I always expect Nev the Bear to just pop up out of nowhere

And I won't sit down,

And I won't shut up,

But most of all I will not grow up <3