Unofficial Mills

FYI: SiriusXM to air Official Chart Show on 20on20

Patriot

Heard the advertisement on a different SiriusXM channel:

<will upload="" advertisement="" when="" my="" show="" is="" finished="" recording=""></will>... will add the advertisement once my show is finished recording.

This is an interesting move. 20on20 has a very large listener base which makes me wonder how it will do against Sirius Hits 1.

Sirius Hits 1 is the most listened to channel on Satellite Radio (behind Howard 100) that just plays top 40 hits one after another, just like 20on20. On the weekends Hits 1 plays the "SiriusXM Hits 1 Weekend Countdown" which is also one of the most listened to shows on SR. That will be direct competition to the Official Chart.

• 3 weeks later...
Except one show will be the UK Chart, and one the US Chart?

(y) that's correct. The exception is that the SiriusXM Hits 1 Weekend Countdown is not affiliated with the Billboard Music Chart. SiriusXM gets it's chart from it's calls to 877-MY-HITS-1, tweets, and the opinion of the "What-Chu-Want Crew" (worst name ever.)

They must think the UK chart contains more forward-thinking stuff !! Or something......

Must be something in this....

*the guy next to me is stinking of fish* *really, properly disgusting*

SiriusXM has noticed many trends taking off from the UK like Adele and Taio Cruz recently and want to capitalize on finding the new hit sound before anyone else. Smart idea imo!

Sorry the US Charts stink of fish? Eh?

It has it's ups and downs, just like any chart. It all depends on your opinion.