Britney Spears: Hold it Against Me

Tom.

Shit or Hit?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Shit or Hit?

• Hit: Hold it against me!
    • Maybe: Cheesy chat up lines
    • Shit: Mental Breakdown

There was a programme on TV about her yesterday - the best Britney moments and people's favourite song choices!! It was absolute HEAVEN watching it. The song that eventually won was "Baby One More Time"!!

What a woman.

What a talentless idiot she is... making a career from copying a whole bunch of other artists (but not in a parodying style) including Madonna, still don't get why people like her beyond the slutty image that gets attention of the lowest common denominator.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

when she went a bit bonkers (but Bonkers is a good thing),

Sorry but I don't think it's that 'good' when it seriously affects the lives and wellbeing of others outside of herself (the person she seems to have always been thinking of) like her kids in a negative way.

Well, everybody makes mistakes... And she WAS going through a bad time.... plus, you simply can't go through a bad time when you're in the public eye. Everybody feels they have a right to comment and look at you, and judge and damn you.... *

* then complain (whilst secretly loving it) when you rebel against negative publicity and flip out ... that's the public for ya though - more faces than a watch shop!!

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

and what was the cause of her bad time? Yeah real bad that making millions and getting to do pretty much whatever she wants, no matter how it affects others. My heart bleeds, sorry but when it comes to bad times I'll have sympathy for the likes of the homeless, those with terminal diseases, those who have had GENUINE tragedy strike their lives, not an overrated celeb with little/no will to actually solve the problem...

She had RELATIONSHIP PROBLEMS... a lot of people do have relationship problems, and take it very badly (and have actual breakdowns), whether they are rich are not.

You think money really makes someone automatically so much happier, and shields you from having any human feelings??

Plus, how dare an actual superstar have relationship problems, and cry and have a breakdown.... OMFG!!! That's just not allowed if you are rich!!

And, she did eventually have the will, and made a smashing comeback, winning over her adoring masses once again - those who love her, who rate and value her, despite the very human disasters!!

Britney!! Britney!! Britney!!

People have similar or worse problems every day and many of them don't go off the rails... (however much we often hear about the ones that do like Raoul Moat) I'm still struggling with how 'bonkers is good' though tbh.

and no I don't think money automatically solves the problems, but it can sometimes lead to at least getting the means to try and solve such problems.

My opinion of Britney is that for the same reason I have similar opinions of Jordan, they seem to bring their own problems upon themselves from what I can see, then go blaming others. It's not just one incident, it's a combination of factors. I'll still save my sympathy for those I listed above who have a hell of a lot less control over their own circumstances through no fault of their own.

Okaaaay... Right, I'm running out of time... but the "bonkers is good" was kind of a joke!! I meant, a bit of eccentricity isn't necessarily a bad thing, and may give an artist an edge/something a bit different *

As to bringing problems upon themselves, well, I guess the same could be true of pretty much the majority of people in society? No. Don't we ALL often, as people, through our personalities/weaknesses bring problems upon ourselves, then attempt to solve them.

Yeah, though, money does help buy better therapists, rehab., etc. though!! Fair point !!

Anyhow, I'm off to a meeting!! :-) Bless all those who are Superstars and actually get divorced, flip out, fall down, then get back up!! :hahaha:

* Evidence = Lady Gaga

ps: I have a far more cynical view of Jordan and her "distress", I'm afraid. :|

Gaga, interesting. Don't particularly like her (or is it 'him'? not that it matters for reasons other than clarity :P) but that's based purely on the music, I'd say it's preferable to anything Britney ever did though.

Difference is I can sorta see why Gaga is appealing (even if it's not to me really), I can't with Britney. Also I don't see Gaga's 'eccentricity'/weirdness harming others or even herself in any serious way, entirely different brand of bonkers. ;)