Unofficial Mills

David Garrido leaving BBC and Radio 1

abertom

OK. I'm leaving the BBC to join Sky Sports in February. It's a wrench to leave but I'm so excited about the move. And I'll still be on here! (twitter)

about 2 hours ago via web

From what I heard and seen of him he'll be a loss and should have featured on Scott's show more as a different 'Chappers' Have Radio 1 got any proper sports reporters left?

Will Jules or Carrie return?

OK. I'm leaving the BBC to join Sky Sports in February. It's a wrench to leave but I'm so excited about the move. And I'll still be on here! (twitter)

about 2 hours ago via web

From what I heard and seen of him he'll be a loss and should have featured on Scott's show more as a different 'Chappers' Have Radio 1 got any proper sports reporters left?

Will Jules or Carrie return?

The only 1 besides Tina that springs to mind is Simon Mundie

james_ryder.png

I'll be willing to cover any Formula One Grand Prix, assuming the rumblings about Legard being gone gone gone are true, and in addition to the fact that 5LiveF1 no longer has Holly Samos.

EDIT: I'm guessing he never covered anything of that nature for Radio 1 or anywhere on BBC?

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

I'll be willing to cover any Formula One Grand Prix, assuming the rumblings about Legard being gone gone gone are true, and in addition to the fact that 5LiveF1 no longer has Holly Samos.

EDIT: I'm guessing he never covered anything of that nature for Radio 1 or anywhere on BBC?

He did report live from Silverstone on several occasions but doesn't cover F1 very often. He's a football man mainly hence going to Sky. Drifting off topic It will be very interesting to see what happens with Jonathan Ledgard next year, the press seem pretty sure he won't be there. If he does go I hope the BBC do the logical thing and replace him with David Croft or Ben Edwards.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

Hmmm maybe all the rumours of 'DC' joining Brundle in the box have misinterpreted which DC it is and said it was Coulthard.

Last I heard they'd put Legard on the Football League show... don't know if that's a regular fixture.

*cringes at bad pun*

and *clicks fingers* you're back on topic </PaulMcKenna>

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

whats all this talk of dc?

David Coulthard is rumoured to be commentating with Martin Brundle on BBC F1 next year. I do hope not. Hopefully if Jonathan Ledgard does go David Croft will replace him, better than Allen and Croft. Anyway David Garrido sent me a lovely message on Twitter, seems a great chap.

ChrisHewgill.jpg