Unofficial Mills

Andy Parfitt defends Moyles' pay rant

MrDoovdeHaxorz

Radio 1 boss Andy Parfitt says he has not reprimanded DJ Chris Moyles for an on-air rant about his pay.

"For me, it was a question of deciding whether he had overstepped the red lines or not. In my judgement, he hadn't," Mr Parfitt said:

But speaking at the Broadcasting Press Guild breakfast, he admitted it "wasn't the best" show he had ever heard.

In a 20-minute tirade on his breakfast show last week, Moyles revealed he had not been paid for two months.

"I'm very, very angry for being put into this position," he said. "I haven't been paid since the end of July and no-one cares about it," Moyles told his audience.

The 36-year-old, who signed a new contract with the BBC in July, said he had considered skipping work, adding: "If they can't be bothered, why should I bother?"

He name checked Parfitt, as well as BBC Director General Mark Thompson, during the segment.

But the station controller said Moyles had not been censured.

"I did not give him a talking to in the sense that I told him off," Parfitt said.

"I reserve the sanction and authority I have for when my judgment is that he has gone over the line. In this case I did not think he had.

"That's what Chris does every day. His show is a long-running soap opera," he added.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11437469

The Parf Daddy's waded in on this one now.

Notice how the "30 minute rant" is downgraded to a "20 minute tirade"

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

If Scott Mills ever becomes the breakfast DJ, would there be more news about him..?

Probably not. There'd be news about the promotion and updates on listening figures, commentaries from 'journalists' and critics comparing him to Moyles and Evans, but other than that probably not. Simply for the reason Scott is a likeable and uncontroversial guy who wouldn't attract the sort of hatred from the Daily Mail and the Murdoch media in the way that Moyles does.