Unofficial Mills

The X Factor 2010

John

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love The X Factor. After all, anyone remember where Jedward started out? Now they have two number one singles, a number one album, a sold out world tour, their own prime time, successful television programme, and celebrity fans getting tattoos of them! (Well, Wayne Rooney's cousin..)

Btw, interested: did anyone here watch Jedward: Let Loose on Tuesday? If not, remember, TUESDAY, 9PM, ITV2.

*Listening to Scott Mills Podcast. Woo! Andy Mac's second email was read out. Big up Unofficial Mills. Aww.*

OMASM. Radio presenters are like fruit. Matt is my kumquat and Scott is blatantly my orange.

• 1 month later...

The final 12 have been revealed! This is where is all starts.

Boys:

Aiden Grimshaw. (My favourite to win.)

Nicolo (Meh. I don't like. He's Italian an seemingly gay though.)

Matt (I think I like?)

Groups:

F.Y.D (I like..)

One Direction (They'll go far in the competion, I reckon)

Bellamie (Girl groups are always out the first week, but this might be a different story? Second week.)

Girls:

Rebecca (Who?)

Cher (She's been talked about quite a lot...)

Katie (Hmm..)

Over 28's:

John? (He'll be out in the first few weeks.)

Storm Lee (" ")

Mary (Ditto.)

Your opinions?

OMASM. Radio presenters are like fruit. Matt is my kumquat and Scott is blatantly my orange.

Not quite... Leona Lewis have both done really well Alexandra Burke, granted some winners are unheard of now. Even non winners are doing well, like JLS. You don't have to like this acts, but their success isn't somethng that can be denied.

take control

why don't they have a round were they all have to come up with an amazing new original song of any genre of music that people would like to hear. Instead of getting some multi-million £ songwriter that just writes music for fabricated artists that don't really care about the music.

Come on Nicolo Festa!

Bit gutted about Gamu and that amazing black guy, but meh. Lets face it, X Factor just completely exploit contestants anyway. Those 3 though are just about the only auditions I've seen, I doubt I'll be watching it this year. Just want Nicolo to do well :)

Not quite... Leona Lewis have both done really well Alexandra Burke, granted some winners are unheard of now. Even non winners are doing well, like JLS. You don't have to like this acts, but their success isn't somethng that can be denied.

That's very few examples out of the many these shows have spawned though. Of course there are going to be some cattle viewing that will just buy anything Cowell tells them to so I would contest the 'success' being down to that in some of these cases.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

No, it's a money-making con that Cowell benefits massively from while he screws over almost everyone else involved. Maybe if it didn't cost the public to vote etc, the autotune and crap wouldn't be a problem...

Don't blame Cowell, its ITV that put the show on their channel. If people are willing to go on tv and make a tit of themselves then I don't really think they have a leg to stand on when it comes to complaining about being screwed over

Not impressed with censorship

Well it's not like X-craptor's ever been about getting good singers is it, otherwise how can they use autotune and call it a 'singing' contest? Heard some reviewers on 5Live earlier (including Boyd Hilton, someone I never thought I'd see eye-to-eye with) who said it's NOT about being a good singer and never has been, it's about who Cowell thinks he can package to the masses.

i do appreciate good music when it made by a band or artist that put a lot of effort and talent into making the song.

not just winning a show and having a rubbish song that gets a lot of publicity because of the show and creates a mood that instead of learning an instrument and working hard to get it played on radio you can win a show and have an instant hit song.

i do appreciate good music when it made by a band or artist that put a lot of effort and talent into making the song.

not just winning a show and having a rubbish song that gets a lot of publicity because of the show and creates a mood that instead of learning an instrument and working hard to get it played on radio you can win a show and have an instant hit song.

Another point, learn to p-

You're entitled to your opinion, I suppose. I'm not going to get in an argument about it or anything.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1318221/X-Factor-2010-1-Direction-recreate-iconic-Beatles-Abbey-Road-image.html#ixzz11ak8i22N

Wow the Daily Fail are REALLY failing particularly hard this month, eh?

X Factor hopefuls 1 Direction recreate iconic Abbey Road image outside recording studio
Err, NO, they're just crossing the road? First the 2 Moyles story including the Mystery Woman (sports presenter on his show) and now they're directing away from Moyles for a whole day :rolleyes:

Being on X-Factor, they're probably not even aware of The Beatles, never mind that that pic resembles one of the most iconic album covers of all time.

I reckon they will live up to the name though, and head in 1 Direction - the dole queue.