Unofficial Mills

The Politics Thread

John

I disagree. If I had funding and it was easier to move somewhere else to get a job then I would have done it in a shot. It's impossible to move if you're on housing benefit at the minute unless you have the money to put down a deposit etc. etc. There are pretty much no jobs in Hull and if I could've moved this time last year to somewhere with jobs then I would have.

If people are that bad then they're not going to be on job seekers anyway because they'd be unable to deal with a job. Therefore would not be moving to find a job.

There/ They're/ Their. Different words.

I'm probably in a minority, but I WOULD actually WANT to relocate to get work, there's a couple of cities I have in mind where I know for a fact, having researched online, that there is more work than there is here right now. London is one of them, unsurprisingly.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

I disagree. If I had funding and it was easier to move somewhere else to get a job then I would have done it in a shot. It's impossible to move if you're on housing benefit at the minute unless you have the money to put down a deposit etc. etc. There are pretty much no jobs in Hull and if I could've moved this time last year to somewhere with jobs then I would have.

What about the right to buy a council property after (I believe) a 5 year period. If you're being forced to move home and start somewhere else, then surely you are starting at the bottom of the system again.

Just a thought.... it's certainly something worth asking about, if you are being told you need to go. Plus as Dan Hedgehog is saying, these jobs had better be guaranteed long-term too.

So, yep, they make people move to get a better job, whilst taking the right to buy (eventually) and then (perhaps) sell a property away from them.

Brilliant :rolleyes:

In the same way Tories are passing the rights over schools into parents' hands!! Reality of this is the parents are probably gonna have to find the funding for a lot of stuff in the future!!

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

1. I don't live in a council house.

2. I have a job now.

3. Even if I didn't I'd still move because there's no point having the right to buy a house if you don't have a job or money to buy it

1. Yeh, we noticed.

2. Yeh, we noticed.

3. Surely after a 5 year period in one area, most people would have found employment - 5 years before you are able to take over a council property.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0