Unofficial Mills

10 Hour Takeover

abertom

I love this today. No playlist tracks involved unlike other days. Some great promotion for BFBS. And some great stuff for the troops like they used to do on a regular basis back in the 60s and 70s. Plus the music is really good!

I switch on and what's the first thing I hear, bloody GLEE's version of Don't Stop Believin'... I'll stick with it though as it can only go up from there. Surely that's been playlist too recently (or might still be on one of the playlists now?) for playing today?

Anyone know if they've played Ray Parker Jr - Ghostbusters yet? They always seem to do that on 10HTs and it's very welcome.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

Even with McFly in there, that sounds like a fantastic hour of music. Not the obvious choice of Prodigy song either, refreshing :D

I knew it would pick up, Zephyr Song FTW.

<li class="clearfix segment-event first">Livin' Joy — Dreamer<canvas style="width: 28px; height: 28px;" width="28" height="28"></canvas>

<li id="p00847f0" class="clearfix segment-event">Paolo Nutini — Jenny Don't Be Hasty

<li id="p00847jj" class="clearfix segment-event">Bodyrox and Luciana — Yeah Yeah <canvas style="width: 28px; height: 28px;" width="28" height="28"></canvas>

<li id="p00847jz" class="clearfix segment-event">Fleetwood Mac — Go Your Own Way

<li id="p00847lz" class="clearfix segment-event">blink-182 — All The Small Things <canvas style="width: 28px; height: 28px;" width="28" height="28"></canvas>

<li id="p00847nc" class="clearfix segment-event">Tiësto — Adagio For Strings <canvas style="width: 28px; height: 28px;" width="28" height="28"></canvas>

<li id="p00847nq" class="clearfix segment-event">Let Loose — Crazy For You

<li id="p00847pr" class="clearfix segment-event">Jamiroquai — Little L

<li id="p00847q9" class="clearfix segment-event">Guns N' Roses — Paradise City <canvas style="width: 28px; height: 28px;" width="28" height="28"></canvas>

<li id="p00847s1" class="clearfix segment-event">Lostprophets — Last Summer

<li id="p00847sz" class="clearfix segment-event">The Black Eyed Peas — Meet Me Halfway<canvas style="width: 28px; height: 28px;" width="28" height="28"></canvas>

<li id="p00847vd" class="clearfix segment-event">Boston — More Than A Feeling

<li id="p00847vt" class="clearfix segment-event">Arctic Monkeys — I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor<canvas style="width: 28px; height: 28px;" width="28" height="28"></canvas>

<li id="p00847xj" class="clearfix segment-event">Backstreet Boys — Quit Playing Games (With My Heart)

<li id="p00847zz" class="clearfix segment-event">Red Hot Chili Peppers — The Zephyr Song

Just note 'abertom', that you are copying the computer tracklistings from the presenters pages. Not all of the tracks have been listed in this way, Deadmau5 - I Remember, being a track played by Fearne that isn't listed, to name just one.

and Glee - Don't Stop Believin...

noticing the times, I think he can see into the future as it says 1:00PM-4:00PM here :P

Isn't this list exactly the same, except it is updated in real-time? I assume this is what you mean by 'slightly'.

I believe that when songs are played from the computer and tagged, they automatically appear on Last FM (here's the RSS feed for it http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/1.0/user/bbcradio1/recenttracks.rss?limit=100, but you can access it from the website like the link you posted too)

Then, once a show on Radio 1 has finished, the songs played between the times that the show has run are automatically added to the presenter's page.

Unfortunately, sometimes tracks aren't tagged, which is annoying if you are trying to find out the name of the track!