Unofficial Mills

Moyles says Beth Ditto could have her own postcode

Jono

PODGY motormouth DJ Chris Moyles has stuck his big fat foot in it again - by having a pop at singer Beth Ditto for being chubby.

The Radio 1 breakfast host had an astonishing five-minute on-air rant about The Gossip star... even though his size is, well, Ditto.

Moyles, 36 - who weighs over 16st and has been on the receiving end of fat jibes himself - upset listeners with the tirade as he handed over to Fearne Cotton after his Wednesday show.

It started with a joke about how he would look like 17st Beth if he dressed in women's clothes.

First Moyles said: "I'm not saying she's fat but when she sits around, she sits around the house."

Fearne protested: "I love Beth Ditto."

Moyles responded: "I love her too but she's so fat she's got her own postcode."

His producer asked: "She's not coming to Bangor (for Radio 1's Big Weekend event) is she?"

Moyles answered: "No, if she did, no one else could."

Then he went on: "I'm not saying Beth Ditto's fat but her blood type is ragu."

Fearne tried to shut him up by playing songs but by then Moyles, who has seven million listeners, was on a roll.

He continued: "When she goes to KFC and orders a bucket, and they say which one, she says the one on the roof."

Then he added: "She's so fat she shows up on radar."

He went on: "She's so fat she leaves footprints in concrete." Moyles claimed the jibe was was written by his producer, but he denied it.

The DJ continued: "She got on the scales the other day and it said, 'To be continued'."

Fearne tried to drown out his insults with music but Moyles yelled:

"She was baptised at SeaWorld. People jog around her for exercise. Her cereal box comes with its own lifeguard."

It's not the first time Chris has been in trouble. He had a six-year feud with Girls Aloud's Nicola Roberts after branding her the "ginger one he didn't fancy" and "a sour-faced cow".

He was also rapped last year for mocking gay singer Will Young and saying Polish people make good prostitutes.

Last night a BBC insider said: "This is the pot calling the kettle fat. Given Chris's own battles with his weight, you'd expect much more from him. This won't go down well with his bosses."

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/showbiz/808411/Podgy-DJ-Chris-Moyles-has-a-pop-at-singer-Beth-Ditto-for-being-chubby.html

I read this in the paper today. Quite possible the most hillarious article I have ever read.

I can't believe they still use the word 'motormouth'?!

I know! How unoriginal is that term now in relation to Moyles?!

take control

Chris Moyles has caused controversy by mocking Beth Ditto for being overweight - despite weighing over 16 stone himself.

The Radio 1 DJ angered listeners with his comments about the Gossip singer as he handed over to Fearne Cotton on Wednesday morning.

The joke started when Moyles joked he would look like Ditto if he dressed up in women's clothes, but quickly descended into something altogether more offensive.

As his fans listened in horror, Moyles continued: 'She got on the scales the other day and it said, "To be continued".

But while many Radio 1 listeners were offended by Moyles' comments, it is unlikely Ditto herself will take offense.

So no listeners that we know of have complained so no proof that people were angered???
james_ryder.png

PODGY motormouth DJ Chris Moyles has stuck his big fat foot in it again - by having a pop at singer Beth Ditto for being chubby.

The Radio 1 breakfast host had an astonishing five-minute on-air rant about The Gossip star... even though his size is, well, Ditto.

...uh, I'm pretty sure they just did the same thing? :|