Unofficial Mills

Nick Grimshaw's Weekend Breakfast

James R

• 2 weeks later...
Chappers & Dave are good on weekend breakfast. They stumble there way through the shows without a care in the world. While you cant help laughing.

I'd choose them or Vernon over Grimmy. He is alright but should stay on switch.

The geek formally known as Scott Mills Guru

Chappers and Dave are absolute legends. Ok so the show seems to be the most badly put together thing on R1 but thats what makes it so funny, 3 and in springs instanty to mind ;) Personally I feel sorry for Dave the most because he's on breakfast every day at the moment but if it wasnt for that I'd have them on every day.

Hopefully Grimeshaw will get 2 weekends in, the bosses will realise their mistake and he will be gone from R1 for good. Come back Wes all is forgiven

Not impressed with censorship

Hopefully Grimeshaw will get 2 weekends in, the bosses will realise their mistake and he will be gone from R1 for good. Come back Wes all is forgiven

I think Nick Grimshaw is brilliant! I think Radio1 is going to have a big change in the next 5 years (to make it more youthful) and Nick Grimshaw is going to be the centre of Radio1.

I think Nick Grimshaw is brilliant! I think Radio1 is going to have a big change in the next 5 years (to make it more youthful) and Nick Grimshaw is going to be the centre of Radio1.

And where does that leave the 17-25 year olds who also listen to Radio 1? Radio 1 have made it clear Switch is only aimed at 14-17 year olds judging by the 'Switch Live' event so it poses huge problems for attracting a bigger audience.

• 2 weeks later...
And where does that leave the 17-25 year olds who also listen to Radio 1? Radio 1 have made it clear Switch is only aimed at 14-17 year olds judging by the 'Switch Live' event so it poses huge problems for attracting a bigger audience.

I think that was just tapping into the underage music gigs and festivals market that is booming right now, although I do get your point.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really impressed with this morning's show. Adele was a top guest and he really seems on top of stuff. A far cry from when he first took over Switch and didn't know where the buttons were! It's good to hear Will Kinder back on the radio doing the voiceovers too!

I'm really impressed with this morning's show. Adele was a top guest and he really seems on top of stuff. A far cry from when he first took over Switch and didn't know where the buttons were! It's good to hear Will Kinder back on the radio doing the voiceovers too!

I also heard a bit this morning and while I can't be doing with him when he's on Switch with Annie he was very good on his own. Good choice I think from R1.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

I had a quick listen, but think Chappers and dave do the show better - I'm not doing down Grimmy or anything, it's just Chappers and Dave are more suited to that slot. Grimmy is the kind of DJ you would tune into early afternoon, rather than waking up to his voice.

Gordon Brown says there's light at the end of the tunnel..........

Yeah, I'm with Chops on this one, I think Chappers and Dave are far more suited to the Weekend Breakfast slot. I haven't really listened to Grimmy that much so I can't comment any further... but at least it's better than having Kelly Osbourne do it :P

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...