Unofficial Mills

Do people still make mix tapes?

Jono

Scott's always talking about them, but in the light of new technology I don't think they have the same sentiment. I mean we can download music for free or cheaply, and we can burn CDs within seconds. It's not the same as taping tapes is it?

So have you made a mix tape recently? Would you be chuffed with one?

I made mix tapes on CD. When I was in year 10 a friend of mine made several and I got into lots of good new bands from them. I make them for people sometimes to introduce them to new bands. These days I don't make many though because not many people even use CDs. These days I mostly give people music on USB stick.

Having said that though, I made a CD for my best friend last year and he made me a CD for my birthday last month which I listen to a lot.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Well I suppose it's a mixed CD nowadays.

I personally have loads of mixed tapes from my youth; from boyfs, potential boyfs and friends. I was always very touched to receive them. It is a really thoughtful gesture to make one for someone.

Wish they weren't all in Spain. Oh - and a cassette player here might help too.

I've made quite a few music collections on my laptop for friends and loved ones though.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

I'm a DJ and record my mixes on tape. This is because I dont have the money to buy proper equipment *eye roll* So I hooked up this ancient tape deck I found in the attic to my decks and amp. And I'm gonna give people tapes until I can do proper MP3 recordings.

God, I'm living in the 80s.

myspace.com/phoenixstarr21