Unofficial Mills

Bank Holiday Monday Schedule - 5th May 2008

Jono

With a normal evening schedule applying, it's the following on Bank Holiday Monday:

4.00am Greg James

7.00am Nihal

10.00am Chappers and Dave

1.00pm Colin Murray

4.00pm Reggie Yates

Heh, don't female DJs work bank holidays any more?

Maybe I should be really impressed that they are like bank and government workers and refuse to work on bank holidays.

Or maybe I should just think that they are really lazy... paid ridiculous sums to play records and chat and then too self important to work on bank holidays!

Well done to those DJs working within the leisure industry willing to work antisocial hours to entertain people.

Well done to those DJs working within the leisure industry willing to work antisocial hours to entertain people.

I think it's probably in their contracts. I don't really imagine many of them are doing it out of the goodness of their hearts.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

Poor old greg james. Still hasn't learnt to say no. They did not even promote him to a daytime slot.

He took Easter Monday off. :D.

Think it's fair enough that DJ's get bank holidays off? Lots of other people do so why not? I'm sure if DJ's like Nihal (and the others playing tht day) were as successful as Scott or Chris they would be saying they want the day off too. ;)

You're forgetting that there is likely to be some pre-recorded stuff going on that day. I don't know if Nihal has tried it yet, but it could be that Chappers and Dave, Colin, and Reggie could all be pre-recorded. We'll have to see if the work experience guy goofs it up enough to make the emergency tape kick in. Does anyone remember in recent years when Sara decided to do this and things just went all over the place and songs were looping every minute?

I am a little surprised Greg isn't on during daytime too. I'd have thought they'd extend a dance show and put him on later.

Looking at the schedule I can't imagine any of them will be pre-recorded. If they were going to pre-record stuff they'd have got Jo Whiley to do something for tape rather than bring in Chappers and Dave.

Until they can work out how to get the pre-record to fade out for Newsbeat they should avoid pre-records like the plague.

Don't they have pre-recorded Newsbeat intros that they can play? I heard Greg play some of them a few months ago.

Well the introduction is put on tape, but the problem is fading it out so that the newsreader doesn't have to SHOUT over the music.

Think it's fair enough that DJ's get bank holidays off? Lots of other people do so why not? I'm sure if DJ's like Nihal (and the others playing tht day) were as successful as Scott or Chris they would be saying they want the day off too. ;)

I think the point that irritates me is that the majority of people who work within the leisure industries, (and in reality radio and entertainment aren't essential services), do have to work antisocial hours and weekends.. and get paid for it. Therefore i think that it is lazy for the daytime DJs to take off every single bank holiday on mass. Id be ok if they were on a rota or shared it etc.

So for example Scott has worked over recent bank holidays, os fair enough that he has a break this time....but thats not true for Chris, Jo or Edith.

But I think it shows a lack of consideration to their audience. Their personal preferences are more important than providing a service to their loyal listeners!

But I dont just dislike the Radio listings, I also think that all the tv services have also started to provide second rate output over bank holidays.