Unofficial Mills

The Scott Mills Show

Chops

Hi. Sorry if this has already been posted but I'm new to the forum. I listen to Scott mills every day and have retuned my stereo to listen to him on breakfast (I Usually listen to XFM Manchester in the Morning because Moyles is a waste of the license fee) and can't get my head around the fact that he is doing the show under "The Chris Moyles Show With Scott Mills" rather than under his own title. This is strange as Nihal is not doing "The Scott Mills Show with Nihal" although this is what appears on the iPlayer. Any Ideas ?

Gordon Brown says there's light at the end of the tunnel..........

Thanks.I can see where your coming from but still don't see why Scott does "The Chris Moyles show with Scott Mills" but nihal and Coxy (when she's back) don't do "the Scott mills show with Nihal". Especially as Radio 1 seem to try and get the wake up with moyles get home with mills link going.

Thanks.I can see where your coming from but still don't see why Scott does "The Chris Moyles show with Scott Mills" but nihal and Coxy (when she's back) don't do "the Scott mills show with Nihal". Especially as Radio 1 seem to try and get the wake up with moyles get home with mills link going.

If you're trying to say that Scott deserves more recognition, or that maybe they should do away with these replacement jingles and keep their own ones - I agree with you.

Moyles is however an incredibly popular/influential character on Radio 1. Although his shouting in the morning/self-proclamations about being 'The Saviour of Radio 1' can make me slightly tetchy on occasion, the sheer popularity of his show, and the fact that he makes me laugh every day

means he probably ought to retain the 'branding' on his show whilst he's on holiday.

Welcome to UM.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

But Scott does his own thing on breakfast and gets rid of the stuff Moyles does. the only connection now is the time the show is on air. All the features on "The Chris Moyles Show with Scott Mills" are different to those of "The Chris Moyles Show". If anything Sara Cox should've been doing "The Scott Mills Show with Sara Cox" because she had OTDS and Laura and chopper on her show whenever Scott was on holiday.

No because coxy's done afternoons as herself rather as The Scott Mills show with Sara cox and 'Richy23' pointed out that Scott had done some of moyles' features.

I haven't. You said that as someone who knows the marketing world it is better to keep the moyles brand going 365 days a year. you will also know that another marketing policy of radio 1 is the "Wake up with Moyles, Get Home with Mills" so surely it should be the same with Scott's show.............with the second highest listening figures of the whole station. Would it not be better to keep the mills brand going 365 days a year......... since they always link the two shows in the ads.

I think "The Chris Moyles Show with Scott Mills" sounds a bit crap, but I guess Moyles does have the flagship show.

Also, the actual name of the programme is The Chris Moyles Show, whereas all the others are just the Dj's name.

Also, the actual name of the programme is The Chris Moyles Show, whereas all the others are just the Dj's name.

It's the same with the chart show, BBC Switch, the request show, the surgery and Scott's show. They're all brands.

Yeah but at least BBC Switch, the chart show and the surgery don't carry the DJ's name as part of the show title. "Radio 1 Chart show with Greg James" (an example of a possible cover) sound a lot better than "The Chris Moyles Show with Greg James" (Again an Example)

Well i was just curious as to why they do it as 'The Chris Moyles Show with Scott Mills' and not 'The Scott Mills Show with Nihal'. I just think it sounds a bit rubbish as they are both major shows on radio 1

Well i was just curious as to why they do it as 'The Chris Moyles Show with Scott Mills' and not 'The Scott Mills Show with Nihal'. I just think it sounds a bit rubbish as they are both major shows on radio 1

everyone has said the theory behind it, so leave it like that. three pages about this is dull to read! :*