Unofficial Mills

Taking a day off when you've been dumped

Jono

As discussed on the show, is it alright? Course it's not alright to take a day off when you've been dumped. What kind of example was Scott saying when he said it was? "Hi kids! Take a day off school because your childhood crush doesn't like you".

No I don't believe it is. If you feel rubbish it's like taking a day off if Manchester United played badly. Some people feel the same about their passion. There's no clear line, so a 'no' would be easier.

On the other hand, you don't a mardy cow in the office telling everyone they've been dumped all day. For that reason I'd tell them to go home.

What do you think?

Certain people I live with will take a day off if they sneeze once. I personally dislike taking days off, it's much better to be doing something than moping around at home thinking about how bad you feel.

The last time I took a day off was because I couldn't speak and I couldn't stop coughing, and I hate people who go to lectures and just cough, so no one else can hear anything. So I was just thinking of others, really.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

I don't actually remember the last time I was off school/work/college. It must have been before year 9.

I actually feel worse for not being in class/work because I feel far behind, even if it's just the once.

And I do think sitting around doing nothing makes you feel a whole lot worse, it's better to distract yourself from something by keeping occupied