Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 Established 1967 (Merged)

~bex~

Radio 1 Established 1967 celebrates 40 years of Radio 1. The merrymaking commences on Monday 17th September culminating in a special day of shows on September 30th, the day Radio 1 launched.

A full day of shows featuring current DJs joined by legendary Radio 1 DJs will be the highlight of Radio 1 Established 1967, kicking off with a very special Breakfast Show featuring Chris Moyles and Tony Blackburn and finishing with 'Keeping it Peel' hosted by Elijah Wood.

Sunday 30th September Schedule

7am - 10am: Chris Moyles & Tony Blackburn

10am - 1pm: Vernon Kay featuring other Radio 1 Breakfast Show presenters

1pm - 4pm: Sara Cox & Zoe Ball

4pm - 7pm: The Chart Show with JK & Joel

7pm - 9pm: Annie & Annie Request Show

9pm - 10pm: Documentary - 'The A-Z of Radio 1'

10pm - 12: Keeping It Peel hosted by Elijah Wood

Should be quite interesting. Apparently there's another special announcement this afternoon with Edith & Sir Paul McCartney.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks quite exciting that. Should have seen Sara Cox and Zoe Ball coming. I wonder if Emlyn will be producing that, and whether Chappers will join them. I'd have expected Scott to have had an involvement, it seems a little disappointing that bar the Moyles show it's a normal sunday. I would have thought Jo Whiley would have a lot to say.

I hope it'll extend further than just the sunday, as to me it deserves more than just a day.

I know there's big plans for Radio 1 Online, so that should be interesting from a geeks perspective. I'm sure Aled mentioned a "Radio 1 Birthday Party". Now I'm not sure whether that's a metaphoric idea or whether there'll be an actual event.

And Paul's just announced there'll be two weeks of celebrations counting down to the final day. It's going to be 'legends' themed, so people like Paul McCartney will be doing their own show.

More soon...

post-5-145327864171_thumb.jpg

Bring back the hairy cornflake! I thought radio 1 had a policy of denying music existed before 1994 does this mean they'll be straying from the playlist :shock:

Paul was on about playing Elvis, The Beatles and Sex Pistols...

Eurgh, not liking the fact he's chewing gum though. Really off putting. But he is obviously involved in some sort of charity gig for Edith's mum. She wasn't going to open up about that, she just quickly tried to sway off the subject saying "for reasons that aren't important". Thought that was quite sweet that she wasn't going to brag.

chris moyles did 30 minutes with tony blackburn for their 37th birthday i remember. it was funny, but was a pre-record because tony was presenting a breakfast show. i would rather it was live but i guess this show will be a pre-record too.

that is the problem. i would sooner it was a live weekday than a bunch of pre-records on a sunday.

there's talk of johnny ball joining sara cox and zoe ball too.

Here's a list of those presenting shows between 9pm and 10pm from September 17th...

Monday 17th: Paul McCartney

Tuesday 18th: Dave Grohl

Wednesday 19th: Gwen Stefani

Thursday 20th: Paul Weller

Friday 21st: Paul Oakenfold

Monday 24th: Noel Gallagher

Tuesday 25th: Debbie Harry

Wednesday 26th: Arctic Monkeys

Thursday 27th: Ozzy Osborne

Friday 28th: Fatboy Slim

shame there is no mnl included but the moyles/blackburn thing should be interesting. it will probably be consisting of tony telling the audience that they shouldn't like this type of music. of course it will probably be all based around colin murray becuase he did save the station.

on the grid.

Do Paul Oakenfold and the Arctic Monkeys really constitute as legends?

oakenfold has been big on the dance scence for years, the dance scence only. but you know how much radio 1 love the arctic monkeys. i am suprised edith hasn't tried to draft in paulo nutmeg yet.

on the grid.

How about the old moyles classic bang wills head against the studio window or the majestic reverse a word. Since when has gwen stefani been a radio 1 legend

When I first noticed her name, I thought that too, but when you think about it she kind of is. Think of just how many huge songs she had with No Doubt, and since then as a solo artist.