Unofficial Mills

Rave Up with Arielle Free

Helen.a12

• 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Nicki Chapman in for Romesh Ranganathan on Saturday 10th and 17th August Tina Daheley in for Jeremy Vine for the week starting Monday 12th August  OJ Borg in for Sara Cox on Wednesday 14th August Scott Mills in for Fearne Cotton on Sounds Of The 90's on Saturday 17th August.  
    • Yep it was on his Instagram     
    • The show starts tonight on only Radio 1 Dance but next week is on both. 
    • Doesn't it start tonight as there's an episode listed for Radio 1 Dance this evening? https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0021bbt
    • Danny Howard’s new show begins next Thursday at 6pm and will be simulcast on Radio 1 as well as being broadcast on R1 Dance.
    • That’s a very good point. Matt and Mollie are (in a good way) sounding very much like peak Vick & Jordan at the moment, especially with their anecdotes and listener questions.
    • I also don’t think it helps that it’s now a whole new production team - they lost both Sophie (to breakfast) and Roushan (to produce Matt and Mollie) in the space of a month which I don’t think is ideal. I reckon the show now just needs some time to bed in with the new producers and try and find its feet again. There are definitely some good ideas there but I think it does just feel like a less good imitation of the old Going Home at the moment.
    • I suppose that’s the main issue for the show. Jordan and Vick were so strong together and despite how random stuff was it all worked perfectly and was clearly crafted well, and I think the current Going Home is trying to replicate it but have no idea how to do it.
    • Surely part of the issue is that they are trying to recreate some of the chaos that used to happen with Jordan. The difference being that Jordan is one of the best DJs of the current time and knew exactly what he was doing to make great radio.  It is even more apparent now that he is on Capital and can be so tight and slick with his links.  He still has the odd funny mis-speak but it is obvious now how crafted the chaos was with him on Going Home to make great radio. In Jamie's case it is just random chaos.
    • The final link was appalling and clearly Jamie just isn’t cut out for live radio. ‘underrated fruit’ is such a boring and basic segment to have along with the ‘office’ joke and I think Jamie is trying to hard to fit in with DJs and it clearly isn’t his thing, same with Danny Beard.
    • I was going to try and be fair but then heard the final link of today's show and my goodness it was Danny Beard type fare because of Jamie. The content was appalling ('which fruit is the most underrated','off' and 'ice' combined together spells office) and the delivery just as bad. They've tried to give Jamie the best chance - having him be Mollie's maternity cover alongside Matt and now putting him with two pros like Katie and Vick. You couldn't ask for better DJs to be put alongside.  However he still isn't getting any better. The show simply does not need Jamie - I listened on the occasions he was away last week and the show was just far better without him. The issue with the quality of the show when Jamie is on is further highlighted by having Matt & Mollie on before who are only a few weeks into weekdays but already sound on top of their game.
    • To be fair to Jamie, his attendance record isn’t exactly his fault and it doesn’t show that he’s uncommitted. Jordan’s shock departure meant they had to throw this show together and they’d didn’t have time to make everything work out. For that reason it’s likely that Jamie had all these prior commitments when he was offered the show and was told he could do the show and keep his commitments. If the Jordan situation was better they could’ve launched a long time later when Jamie was freer. 
    • I think its sad that i dont listen anymore. Vick&Katie are both great and i have always been a huge fan of everything Katie does but i just cant listen with him on. I dont get it and camt relate sadly. Hoping he will go at some point. Matt&Mollie are smadhing the new show just wish i did not have to switch over at 3.30