Unofficial Mills

When does Radio 1 Relax close?

onlyME

1 hour ago, onlyME said:

I think I saw it mentioned here that it was closing but it still seems to be airing new shows. 

I wonder if it could be closing in mid-summer in few weeks to months when they can make a public announcement on the new proposed digital stations and the switch over of the changes in daytime programmes. The announcement of decommissioning the online station and brand was done very quietly through confirmation from Jess Izsatt’s post on X. Yet to be a further press release confirming such details of whether certain programmes apart of the brand like Power Down Playlist.

Maybe likely working through the contracts of programmes agreed by presenters and producers commissioned to make Radio 1 Relax content and developing and working on commissioning new programmes that would fill scheduling gaps.

It feels like they've quietly started dropping any reference to it on R1, but I still listen several times a week.

I wonder what will happen if they can't get the 00s stations through?