Unofficial Mills

radio 1 arent 'behind' glastonbury

*becky*93

how can radio 1 say they are behind glastonbury? it is poor. for a start they are all using the same website no mini site this year. it is just jo whiley at the event no other djs. instead we are treated to people walking around a field telling us what is happening. what happened to hearing the live music. the reason we go to these events is to hear the music not what the celebrities do in their free time it just a radio form of heat magazine

POOR!!! :x

I think they spent all their outdoor broadcast budget on Radio 1's Big Weekend. Ironically, it seems the best coverage with Radio 1 DJs is on the television... I would much rather they played out live coverage from the stages, with a bit of banter in between, rather than all banter and a bit of music.

Each year, more and more emphasis seems to be going on live broadcasts on the telly rather than the radio. Maybe that has something to do with it. Ive never really liked the broadcasts radio 1 do at festivals really. One live track every half hour and the like.

i watched some of it on T.V last night and they played like a whole set then talked to a band and stuff for like 2 mins then back to the music.

i think the problem with the radio coverage is that they think that the key to it all is the fact that they advertise Glastonbury to get people interested and then they do all rather cheaply as the spent loads on adervertising.

oh well cant be helped!

xxx

Charli's in love with the new Panic At The Disco album

well spend that much money then sort of "fob" Glasntonbury off as sorta "thiers" if you know what i mean .... i dont know! hehe

xxxxxxxxx

Yes, its well within their budget.

Are you allowed to go down to Topshop or the HMV and spend £50.00 in one go?

Everyone should have a moment of indulgence whatever the price. It's spent on the people that listen to the station. You as the listner applies for tickets, in hope that you're lucky and you get to watch some amazen bands. £500,000 over a weekend, is not a lot compared to some events. None of the £500,000 goes to any of the artists.

They haven't fobbed Glasntonbury - they are still featuring it on the station. Just because the biggest event in the music calander is somewhat lacking - but at the end of the day, Glaso is more about the music than Radio 1.

507033771.183.1247039672.png

My dad maybe sixty, but he seems hooked on all this Radio 1 interactive lark. I swear he didn't put the remote down when Radio 1's Big Weekend was on the red button. He's been telling me all about the red coverage of Glastonbury, but is confusing me a bit.

"I enjoyed watching some group... Kasbian... they were good... actually it might have been Fratellis. And Brian Radcliffe. He was good."

Me: "Brian Radcliffe? Whoo?"

"I'm not sure, his name did come up on screen. He was on with that Jo woman you listen to. Someone Radcliffe."

Me: "You mean Mark Radcliffe? What was he doing? On stage?"

"Yeah that's him! Well his name appeared on the screen somewhere. He might not have been singing. The Killers are on tonight"

My Dad has been pretending to be liking it. Every night he comes in asking if its good, whos been on, what the best bits were. I can tell when i name a few bands he has no idea who im talking about, but nods along anyway. Bless him.

Does anyone know when the coverage of glastonbury starts on the red button?

My dad maybe sixty, but he seems hooked on all this Radio 1 interactive lark. I swear he didn't put the remote down when Radio 1's Big Weekend was on the red button. He's been telling me all about the red coverage of Glastonbury, but is confusing me a bit.

"I enjoyed watching some group... Kasbian... they were good... actually it might have been Fratellis. And Brian Radcliffe. He was good."

Me: "Brian Radcliffe? Whoo?"

"I'm not sure, his name did come up on screen. He was on with that Jo woman you listen to. Someone Radcliffe."

Me: "You mean Mark Radcliffe? What was he doing? On stage?"

"Yeah that's him! Well his name appeared on the screen somewhere. He might not have been singing. The Killers are on tonight"

but i thought radio 1 kept him away with distance since 2004. im sure he wasn't performing, but still a legend.

on the grid.

Must be a bit of a slow day today at Glasto, the same 4 performances from yesterday (Killers, Paul Weller, Maximo Park, Editors) are currently being shown in a loop on Interactive. Either that or the BBC can't be arsed any more. Boooooring.

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...