Unofficial Mills

Proms

Jono

A girl has been banned from her prom for not attending extra lessons after school, despite already being a high achiever.

Kayleigh Baker, 16, has also been thrown off the netball team at Hurworth School, near Darlington, County Durham, as punishment for the decision.

A school governor has quit in protest but the school insists the tough line on extra study benefits pupils.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/6546967.stm

Oh my gosh, that's so cruel. I hate it when the good kids (ie me) put one toe out of line and get flamed, then all the bad kids are allowed to do what they want.

Totally agree.

Aw, that's so mean.

Newspaper taxis appear on the shore,

Waiting to take you away.

In our school you have to get invited to the prom.

They do the thing with suspending skivers too. It's like "Bad you, not coming to school. As a punishment-no school!"

They did that to people in the upper sixth. It really was quite stupid. Their parents didn't particularly care and they just got to skive without any further trouble.

My friend's group nearly failed their A2 theatre studies performance module though because someone in their group was suspended and wasn't allowed on school property for the week before the performance.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

They say when you're suspended, you're supposed to sit at home and think about what you have done.

Pffftt.

Who does that?!

They used to do that in our school but now they have a weird isolated room that they keep them in, they go home later than us and sit in silence doing work. I think it's better really.

They used to do that in our school but now they have a weird isolated room that they keep them in, they go home later than us and sit in silence doing work. I think it's better really.

Yeah we have an isolation room too.

In geography once, I had to take some work over there.

It's scarily silent and full of chavs glaring at you...

Newspaper taxis appear on the shore,

Waiting to take you away.

pathetic, mabie the schools should spend time trying to stop the ton of bullying that they deny is going on rather than thinking up these stupid rules. if i were everyone in the year i wouldn't turn up and have a houseparty or somthing somewhere else.

on the grid.