Unofficial Mills

Christmas Day 2001

Jono

Some very old Scott Mills here. Radio 1 on Christmas Day when they played very few Christmas songs, and mostly reflected on the year in music. Features David Dickinson from Bargain Hunt, as well as Coxy and Moyles' Christmas messages. Also lots you'd not get away with saying on Radio 1 today - like suggesting they blow the national grid by turning on appliances before that year's showing of Only Fools and Horses. It's followed by Nemone playing the best of One Big Weekend in Birmingham.

https://unofficialmills.co.uk/download/scott-mills-christmas-day-2001/

8 hours ago, Jono said:

Some very old Scott Mills here. Radio 1 on Christmas Day when they played very few Christmas songs, and mostly reflected on the year in music. Features David Dickinson from Bargain Hunt, as well as Coxy and Moyles' Christmas messages. Also lots you'd not get away with saying on Radio 1 today - like suggesting they blow the national grid by turning on appliances before that year's showing of Only Fools and Horses. It's followed by Nemone playing the best of One Big Weekend in Birmingham.

https://unofficialmills.co.uk/download/scott-mills-christmas-day-2001/

Didn’t know that assuming referring to Nemone who then moved on to 6Music did radio 1 (maybe something back of my memory reading on something but slipped my mind) I like programming that Clara Amfo, Benji B does come December wrapping up a year in music feel when Mollie King has last show of the first run of Future Pop there maybe a wrap up of breakthrough pop acts. Odd to have it featured on Christmas Day but sure remember a time when Fearne Cotton did live lounges special on Christmas Day.

the national grid comment bit of harmless fun.

Maybe getting into early twenties feel like it’s nice to have a respite from all the big crimbo songs that churned out through Christmas period. But given probably how Mariah and Wham managed to get to number one and Ed and Elton in recent years with big Christmas songs and top 40 littered with them maybe they feel best of whacking them all on

On 3/27/2022 at 1:43 PM, Jono said:

Used to love Nemone on early breakfast! 

I did get up stupidly early on the morning of her final early breakfast show to record it. Which is above. I'm sure the late Vicky Marsden used to cover that same time slot or near enough, a few years before. And Clive Warren before her. 

on the grid.

14 hours ago, DC said:

I did get up stupidly early on the morning of her final early breakfast show to record it. Which is above. I'm sure the late Vicky Marsden used to cover that same time slot or near enough, a few years before. And Clive Warren before her. 

Also a blast from the past!  Can't believe it was 2005, seems even longer.