Unofficial Mills

Laura's Diary - ends in September

Phil DeForce

Pardon me for being ignorant but Ialways thought diaries ran from 1st Jan to 31st Dec. Why does Laura's suddenly stop in September 1998. I reckon we will see more of this (Crimbo special perhaps - Dad in nightie etc!). Would hate to think we'll never hear from Fox Mary anymore....!!

:woo:

*: <mailto:[email protected]>

È: +44 (0) 7770 756408

Why end it when there's nothing significant going on. We don't want to hear that.

For some reason I'm thinking a Laura's Diary panto would be humorous for Christmas Day, but didn't the Moyles one fall flat on it's arse the other year?

Buy her book if you want more!

Could have been an academic diary, they only run till September ;)

How can you say nothing significant going on? She thinks she's knocked up (admittedly we probably all know that she wasn't!), we don't know what's going to happen to Charlotte the harlot, does Ben cop off with the foxy younger sister, does Dad wear tinsel or holly in his topper at crimbo? All valid questions that need answering methinks..!

:cool:

And seasons have to end somewhere. Just like Lost. They're not going to keep a season going just because people want to know what's down the hatch. They have brains to know that people will tune in to see a new series to find out the answer. They wanted the Lost feel to it.

And it's a very clever way of getting people to buy the book.

I'm not quite sure finding out whether daddy wears tinsel would be valid enough for more of Laura's Diary. There's only so much of a shelf life for radio features...

But I get your point.

Indeed. I shall no doubt buy it for my better half. She's a diary virgin having only just heard series 5 (I removed all the CDs from her car to transfer to iPod so now she's having to listen to the radio). If it's as popular as Bridget Jones' Diary (which my missus loved) then she'll have no complaints. I know they've discussed it on the show but any film of it would be good...

How about the very mad Lisa Kudrow to play Laura?

And for the "I know" line when she tells him she loves him, Harrison Ford to play Ben...?

Yeah I think Phoenix has got it in one. I don't think it's an actual diary. It's just one you fill in when you feel like it with blank pages. Proof of that here:

http://www.tvhits.co.uk/diary_extracts.htm

As for the bed to Laura's Diary, it's another song off of the Romeo and Juliet sound track, which these days they call 'Our Tune'. Have a search in Google for those details.