Unofficial Mills

Rajar Q2 2007

Jono

Today the latest RAJAR figures were released, and these can help tell how many people are listening to the show.

Scott's listening figures from the last quarter now stand at 5.85 million listeners. This is up from the first quarter of 2006 when figures were at 5.33 million and up from this time last year when figures were 5.52 million. The show is up 520,000 listeners from last quarter, and up 330,000 from this time last year.

It now has an amazing listener share of 12.8%, up from 11.2% last quarter, and up from 10.8% from last year.

Chris Moyles' Breakfast Show is up 6.8 Million from 490,000 last quarter, and 540,000 from last year.

Radio 1 saw its total audience rise by 700,000 to 10.4 million for the quarter. Highlights from this quarter included One Night With Laura, Radio 1's Big Weekend in Dundee, Red Hot Chilli Peppers Live, 'Bare All 06', Coloursfest and part of the World Cup 2006. 1Xtra meanwhile is down 87,000 on this quarter.

Meanwhile over at Radio 2 there's no competition from Chris Evans, they've recorded listener figures of just 4.85 million a week. Down 150,000 from Johnnie Walker's show.

BBC News reports the UK has one of the largest radio audiences in the world, with more than 90% of the population tuning in each week.

Moyles has more lsiteners than JV, JT and Foxy for the breakfast slot.

Capital Radio's Johnny Vaughn remains London's top breakfast DJ, despite losing 111,000 listeners since the first three months of 2006.

In a hard-fought battle for the city's morning audience, his 852,000 audience puts him just ahead of Heart's Jamie Theakston with 820,000 and Magic's Neil Fox with 803,000.

Source http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5241110.stm

Who's JT anyway?

Sometimes here, sometimes not.

I used to listen to Capital FM breakfast back in the Chris Tarrant days. Stopped about 5 years ago though. I just dip in and out of local radio, I can't be bothered listening properly to anything other than Radio 1.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'