• New on Unofficial Mills

MrDoovdeHaxorz

Daily Fail does it again...

Your salaries are higher, your pensions are greater. So earn it, even if you have to work until midnight. i have been in higher education too, to HND level in ayr. From this, had i chosen to, i could have gone onto to a degree in business studies, by transferring to paisley uni., had i chosen to do so.

So you are saying that you had the chance to get a degree which would have perhaps have widened your employment choices? However, you chose not too? Instead you moan about your 'lower paid job'. Obviously going to university is not always the best choice for everyone, nor is it guaranteed to get you a good job but you are slagging off people who have done so and saying that they don't deserve to be paid better than you. Perhaps you are the one who is afraid of a little hard work.

Viv, if I'm honest your posts about the Public Sector reek of some sort of bitterness, maybe because you're not IN one of these what you label 'cushy' jobs perhaps?

Indeed!

Its actually the fault of the teaching profession that i still cant count properly today. . . All through primary and secondary school i was screamed at about decimal points and triangles and hit with rulers. to this day i dont like to count... And whose fault is it........ Teachers !!!

From what I can see from your posts on here, you are unable to listen - maybe this is why 'you still can't count properly'.

Laugh.Dance.Hoff

Yes, we should all take a leaf out the private sector's books.

I mean after all, the bankers did so much for our country didn't they? You never see them with high pay or high pensions at a time of austerity...

yes it was the bankers fault, i for one am not denying it, what i was against & still am is the bailing out of the banks by the tax payer, thats where the debt has come from, i do concede that i still think that the public sector needs to be cut back & brought more into line with the private sector.

it lists here how the bail out cost £850b by now it's closer to one trillion pounds > http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/163850bn-official-cost-of-the-bank-bailout-1833830.html

How to spend £850bn bailing out the banks... and £107.1m on financial advice

£76bn To purchase shares in RBS and Lloyds Banking Group

£200bn Indemnify Bank of England against losses incurred in providing over £200bn of liquidity support

£250bn Guarantee wholesale borrowing by banks to strengthen liquidity in the banking system

£40bn Provide loans and other funding to Bradford & Bingley and the Financial Services Compensation Scheme

£280bn Agree in principle to provide insurance for selection of bank assets

£671bn Total Government spending in the financial year 2009-2010

£32.9m Slaughter & May - Commercial legal advice

£15.4m Credit Suisse - Financial advice on a range of measures, including Bank Recapitalisation and the Asset Protection Scheme

£11.3m PricewaterhouseCoopers - Advice on APS

£8.7m Ernst & Young - Due diligence on APS, Northern Rock

£7.7m KPMG - Due diligence on APS

£7.4m Blackrock - Valuation advice on APS

£5.3m Deutsche Bank - Financial advice on a range of measures

£5m Citi Financial - Advice on Aps

£4.9m BDO Stoy Hayward - Valuation of Northern Rock

£4.5m Goldman Sachs - Financial advice on Northern Rock

£1.5m Morgan Stanley - Financial advice on Bradford & Bingley

£2.5m Other advisers - Financial advice on a range of measures and proposals to revive Britain's ailing economy.

as much as i despise the legal system in the USA the bankers responsible would have been jailed, the guy who was involved in the ENRON scandal (CFO, Andrew Fastow) got six years at ADX Florence aka United States Penitentiary Administrative Maximum Facility !

:)

God. These stats are making me dizzy, Alan.

There is thing called NEEDING MORE CASH to continue higher education, Kizmok. Higher education/uni. is bloody expensive (despite me having SAVED UP from previous HARD WORK), I felt I had done enough for what I WANTED to do, and at the time, I had a lot more hours at work. Until the banking crisis..... It's unfortunate I don't have a crystal ball, or else I may have foreseen this crisis and, indeed, gone on to Uni.

Sometimes it can be handy if you know what's actually on someone's C.V. and their employment history before commenting.

I'm defo not afraid of hard work. Quite the opposite in fact, if you care to ask any previous employer of mine. And I DID a lot of hard work for my HND, which isn't just about showing up in classes. You're moving towards a degree (if you choose), so you need to do a lot of your own research, course work in the evening and at weekends. That was hard work alright. So, when I left Ayr, and moved into loads of hours, yeh, I got it through my hard work.

By the way, I actually suffer from dyscalculia (think that's the spelling - don't really care). Form of dyslexia which causes you to read figures the wrong way round, blah, blah, so you have to read everything x2 (or worse). Very annoying. Even counting a bus fare can be quite difficult. If my teachers had been less "ignorant", then they would have been offering more help / assistance, rather than me having to be taught decimals (and just about everything else) by my best mate 2 years younger than me. But that's certain busy, pressured teachers for ya!! Can't be arsed offering additional classes and time out, so pass it on to someone's bf to solve the issues at hand. :-/

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Wow, the papers are really becoming reprihensible, now it's the News Of The World getting rumbled for criminal acts... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14032287 and as usual, here comes the papers defending themselves through 'not knowing it was happening'...

I sincerely hope the new generation of journalists that is coming through does NOT learn tactics like this for newsgrabbing from the current lot. Glad I don't ever pay for a newspaper anymore after crap like this KEEPS happening, very poor journalism though I expect nothing less from the current tabloid crop.

These stories are bloody shocking and the Wells/Chapman kids involved in it as well. And God knows who else. Horrifying for the parents involved. Truly is.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

These stories are bloody shocking and the Wells/Chapman kids involved in it as well. And God knows who else. Horrifying for the parents involved. Truly is.

Indeed, it seems to be coming out now that NOTW used phonehacking in pretty much every major UK Crime of the 21st Century so far, including the 7/7 bombings.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

Glad some advertisers are pulling ads from NOTW... though they're trying to say some advertisers have INCREASED the money they're giving now? The mind actually boggles if that's in any way true.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...