Unofficial Mills

Dave's Digital Spy Dancing Q&A

Tom.

Dave's been interviewed:

The Chris Moyles Show head writer 'Comedy Dave' Vitty will be appearing on the upcoming sixth series of ITV's Dancing On Ice. We sat down for an interview with Dave to see just how much ribbing he is expecting from Chris Moyles and the Radio 1 team about ice skating in lycra sequined outfits.

What made you decide to sign up for Dancing On Ice?

"It's a show that I've watched for years. During the winter it's part of our Sunday nights. The opportunity came up to do it and I was just chuffed to bits. I thought it would be really nice to learn how to do something properly and learn how to do a sport."

Have you been enjoying the training so far?

"Yeah I'm really enjoying it and I'm just chuffed to be asked. The schedule's tough because I'm still getting up at four in the morning and doing the show with Chris and the team, with a bit of skating in the afternoon. So by the time I get home at about six o'clock at night I'm absolutely shattered."

How are you going to juggle training for Dancing On Ice alongside appearing on The Chris Moyles Show each morning?

"It is early starts but we have fairly busy schedules a lot of the time; even before this, we might have an early start and then shows in the evening. So I've kind of got used to it. It will be a bit of an endurance test for however long I'm lucky enough to be in the show."

What does Chris think about you appearing on the show?

"Chris thinks it's hilarious. The thing is, there's not really been any ribbing yet because it's all been under wraps until now and he knew that it hadn't been released yet. The biggest surprise has been that I managed to keep my mouth shut, because I'm not very good with secrets, so it's now more of a relief than anything else. But I'm sure now that it's out in the open I'll be a big target for a load of stick. But that's what we do and it's all banter."

Do you think Chris will rally up votes for you on his radio show?

"I hope so because that's what I'm kind of relying on to make up for my lack of flexibility, which is a major issue, and coordination and strength."

How are you feeling about all the glamorous outfits you will have to wear?

"I don't love the idea of squeezing myself into lycra and sequins but unfortunately it's what you have to do. You either do it or you don't do it. This is what you sign up for, and if they want to stick you in a pink tutu or whatever then you wear it, don't you?"

How did it feel watching all the other contestants perform for the first time recently?

"I think we were all just surprised by the general standard to be honest with you. I thought there might be a bit of a range with some kind of order from top to bottom but genuinely the standard is really high. No-one fell over!"

How have you been getting on with your dance partner Frankie Poultney?

"Great. I was secretly hoping when I found out I got on the show that I might get paired with Frankie and I have done. We get on great and she's good because she's tough on me which is what I need. She kicks me up the backside when I need it. We have a laugh as well. I couldn't ask for any more really."

Have you suffered any injuries in your training?

"I haven't but I've fallen over a few times. I have had some bad bruises on my arms but nothing more than that. And that sort of thing is going to happen when you're doing this because they push you and there is a lot to take in. But, touch wood, so far I've had nothing major."

Are you worried about potentially being one of the first contestants to leave the show?

"No-one wants to go, just because of the commitment everyone's put in."

How will you be at taking criticism from the judges, particularly the notoriously harsh judge Jason Gardiner?

"It's panto though isn't it? It's showbiz and it's entertainment and you need somebody like that in the same way that you need Simon Cowell on X Factor. I'm fully ready to get a ribbing because the thing is, I don't come from any sort of dance background."

Can you see yourself making it to the final?

"No. At the moment it's just about getting to show one and hopefully not messing up. And that's all you can do."

Dancing On Ice begins on January 9, 2011 on ITV1.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s101/dancing-on-ice/realitybites/a295379/dancing-on-ice-qa-comedy-dave-vitty.html

etheridge_tom.png