Unofficial Mills

Dave Pearce wants Radio 2 show

Jono

Iconic dance DJ Dave Pearce has played more global gigs than imaginable and has a fan base larger than Ireland, Wales and England put together.

With a hit show every 11 pm to 1 am on Friday nights playing the UKs favourite dance floor fillers on Radio 1 and having sold a mammoth amount of mix tapes including CD compilations “Ibiza Euphoria” and “Delirium”- Dave Pearce’s career is quite impressive.

However, the man himself has recently confessed to quite liking a show on Radio 2- home to golden oldie Terry Wogan, wrinkly gardener Alan Titchmarsh and grey haired country enthusiast Bob Harris.

When asked by Urbanplanet.co.uk what he would like to be doing in ten years time and whether a show on Radio 2 was an option, he said:

“Well that would be great.”

Pearce reckons there is a lot of great music from 15 years ago that just isn’t played on the radio anymore. He insinuated that Radio 2 filled this gap in the market.

“I’m sure in 10 years there will be a lot of people that have been out clubbing and want to hear those tunes on another radio station, so that would be good - I wouldn’t argue with that,” added Pearce.

http://www.urbanplanet.co.uk/showNews.aspx?loadid=00739

i can see his point. there is lots of old 90's house and early dance that appeals to people with kids in uni now, there were going out listening to stuff like robin s, livin joy, k klass etc when it came out, and that type of stuff is at least 15 years old and over now. times move on and the frank sinatra generation will die out, then radio 2 will have to cater for the people who are now from 20-40 when radio 1 moves on.

on the grid.

• 1 year later...

i thought he already had a Radio 2 show? i saw a listin the other day for Dave Pearces Disco Anthems, which did make me laugh slightly as it just sounded a toned down version of his popular dance anthems only this time time for R2!

Capes :)

i thought he already had a Radio 2 show? i saw a listin the other day for Dave Pearces Disco Anthems, which did make me laugh slightly as it just sounded a toned down version of his popular dance anthems only this time time for R2!

It's an old thread from before he was shafted out of Radio 1.