Unofficial Mills

NME Awards '08

Jono

I believe Moyles, Whiley and Zane Lowe are nominated for a radio award. Looking at most news websites today they seem obsessed with writing about who is nominate and who is playing. But who really cares?

I used to be quite passionate about these awards and the gigs that complemented them, but they don't reflect new music at all any more.

Playing in this year's NME Awards Tour is 'The Cribs, Joe Lean and the Jing Jang Jong, The Ting Tings and Does It Offend You Yeah?'. Yeah that's big names...

Playing in this year's NME Awards Tour is 'The Cribs, Joe Lean and the Jing Jang Jong, The Ting Tings and Does It Offend You Yeah?'. Yeah that's big names...

I don't think it's really meant to be a big-name tour tbh - although The Cribs are moderately famous. I think part of it's about showcasing bands that could be big this year.

And you're right simon37, the NME Awards are basically the indie equivalent of the Smash Hits awards with their "sexiest male/female" and "hero/villain of the year" categories, I've never really thought much of them.

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

I don't think it's really meant to be a big-name tour tbh - although The Cribs are moderately famous. I think part of it's about showcasing bands that could be big this year.

2007:

Indie Rock - The Automatic, The View, The Horrors, Mumm-Ra

Indie Rave- Klaxons, CSS, The Sunshine Underground, New Young Pony Club

2006: Maxïmo Park, Arctic Monkeys, We Are Scientists, Mystery Jets

2005: The Killers, The Futureheads, Bloc Party, Kaiser Chiefs

2004: Funeral for a Friend, The Rapture, The Von Bondies, Franz Ferdinand

2007:

Indie Rock - The Automatic, The View, The Horrors, Mumm-Ra

Indie Rave- Klaxons, CSS, The Sunshine Underground, New Young Pony Club

2006: Maxïmo Park, Arctic Monkeys, We Are Scientists, Mystery Jets

2005: The Killers, The Futureheads, Bloc Party, Kaiser Chiefs

2004: Funeral for a Friend, The Rapture, The Von Bondies, Franz Ferdinand

The thing is though, those respective bands weren't as big in the years they played it. They were all 'up-and-coming' and on their first albums. It's more or less the same thing here.

Who else should get nominated then. Who else has the scope of listenership to compete. What famous club Dj's are there in that league. None. As I said it went to peel every year before his death really so it's no surprise Zane will get it again and again.

Sometimes here, sometimes not.

it should go to one of the dj's that hasn't won it before, i have listened to Russel Brands show a few times & get the pod cast & its :giggle: very good.

Zane is good & has a good show, but he can get a bit boring sometimes, Jo puts in a lot of work & the live lounge is very good, Colin's show is probably the best music-wise, Chris is just the same as he always has been.

i think Colin will win :)

:)