Unofficial Mills

Radio 2 in the Park

Jono

On 6/9/2023 at 9:46 AM, Jono said:

I guess this is a replacement for Radio 2 Live. Are they trying to go bigger with their event? 

Screenshot_20230609-211730.png

There are rumours it'll be in Leicestershire: https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/victoria-park-festival-really-great-8501680 

I know that last year they did their event outside its usual one day festival concert in Hyde Park as previously thought. It does feel perplexing if they scaling up their live event as 6 Music scales theirs down. In interest of event sustainability whether eventually go for a rebrand of the festivals and launch it as a BBC Sounds Fest given the overlap of artists sometimes featured across stations like whether its Arlo Parks to Lewis Capaldi wonder if it will be a more cross-network vibe to events 

23 hours ago, Jono said:

Guessing after Kylie's appearance for Capital she will be on the bill? 

Right about Kylie but wrong about their attempts to make this an event for younger audiences. 

Line up is here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-65883291

Forgot that the Leeds event last year was cancelled due to the Queen's death. 

12 hours ago, Jono said:

Right about Kylie but wrong about their attempts to make this an event for younger audiences. 

Line up is here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-65883291

Forgot that the Leeds event last year was cancelled due to the Queen's death. 

I found it was interesting that both of names Kylie Minogue and Adam Lambert not the obvious names you’d go for a young peoples event with Capital. But must say Kylie has seemed to have made one of the most impressive pop careers that she is still able to dominate the charts and be able to have her new songs played in clubs and not just asked to play her hits when she has a stack of them. To go from Ledgends slot at Glastonbury to the mystery surprise slot at capital’s ball is something.

It seems with radio stations are trying to have events that come a staple live interactive experience for their listeners to engage with the station with Capital, Hits, 6 Music, Radio 1, Radio 3, Kiss and now Radio 2 having events apart of the brand and is a means of gaining for commercial outlets different outlet of revenue as Capital Dance announced their first Ibiza weekender to rival Radio 1’s. I wonder if stations like Heart, Radio X, Absolute would look to do similar.

• 3 months later...
On 9/16/2023 at 11:41 AM, TheSaviourisHere said:

I am enjoying Radio 2 in the park coverage with Gary Davies. Not honna lie think i would wanna see the dj stage more than the acts

Enjoying all the DJs together again like Radio 1 Big Weekend. Jeremy Vine and DJ Spoony sounds interesting later! Also Hanson with Busted was an unexpected throwback!

Shame again it's not on the actual TV. Instead you can watch Rihanna in Hackney from 2012.